having 1 egg each morning

Options
hi, is it a good weight loss habit yo have 1 egg omellette each mornig ( with just olive oil, spinach)

Replies

• emilyjross
    emilyjross Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You could have 2 egg white's and one yoke, and it would b more filling!
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    it's good protein, I would just question the need for olive oil. If you have a non-stick pan, you might be able to make it dry or with just a little spray PAM.
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I would add about 4 egg whites in as we'll . More protein to keep you full longer !!!! Sounds yummy though ! Being on the feta while your at it !
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    It really doesn't matter what you have for breakfast as long as your intake is right over the course of a day and across a whole week etc.

You only need to micromanage each meal to the extent that it impacts on your overall intake. eg I have one egg for breakfast, so I can have a slightly larger lunch or dinner, or I'll have three eggs for breakfast and a light lunch.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    hi, is it a good weight loss habit yo have 1 egg omellette each mornig ( with just olive oil, spinach)

I don't see anything wrong with that. Even two eggs aren't high calorie but every time I have two it pushes me past my daily cholesterol goal. Sometimes, I'll cook an egg with tofu. Not bad and is about the same consistency and taste, high protein with less cholesterol than two eggs.
  • Its_Nat
    Its_Nat Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Two whole large eggs, light cheese, light ham, tomato and mushroom makes an omelette for only 265 calories and is amazingly filling.
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    A good weight loss habit is anything you will stick with.

I would personally eat 2 full eggs. I don't believe in eating just the egg whites. The yolk is where most of the nutrition is anyways. I would also not use the olive oil, but opt for a nonstick spray instead (canola or olive). It does the trick with alot less of the oil. But, you definitely get kudos for trying to use olive oil instead of butter. If you do end up using the oil, get the pan hot first. The oil will expand and spread quickly, so you will end up using and consuming less of it.

I'm also not a big Breakfast eater. And before I found out I was pregnant with my daughter in 2011, I had lost 35 pounds. Didn't eat Breakfast regularly. But I definitely watched what I ate and exercised.

I'd also add a fruit or something else on the side. That Meal just seems awfully small. Maybe a piece of fruit (like an apple or orange) and 1 piece of toast? That's what I would do, and probably a cup of 2% milk. Now I'm hungry, and I just ate!
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    It's good protein, but I personally would get quite tired of it pretty soon.
    Maybe change your breakfast up a bit, having something different every other day.
  • caitlyn30
    caitlyn30 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of mornings, but I use just Pam with it, and i don't salt it. lots of pepper!