SIZE 8!!!!

Options
slieber
slieber Posts: 765 Member
Yes, finally! I've had these pants in my closet for ages. I bought them in August, along with other clothes when I'd lost some weight. Each month, I would try to put them on and not be able to get them over my hips.

Well, I put on a pair of pants yesterday morning and they seemed large, so I checked to see if they were a size 12, which I still have in my closet.

Lo and behold! They were a size 10 - short. So I thought, "I wonder...." I took out the other pair, tags still on them, and tried them on. Slipped easily over the hips and fastened comfortably in the front.

I haven't seen a size 8 in about 20 years. I still have a bit of toning to do up top and, weight aside, size is pretty good.

Question for those of a certain age: I know things tend to "go south" when one gets older, but can one lose the "batwings" from shoulders and the extra fat around the bustline at an older age? I'm doing weights and all....just want to know if all the work I'm doing will help....

:-D

Replies

• Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    :drinker: Congratulations on your accomplishments!!!!!! I can only dream of the day that I fit into an “8” again. Congratulations once again!!!:drinker:

You shouldn’t have any problems toning up those wings and bags – just keep working on it. You’re still young and have the elasticity in your skin (though you may not see it right now). :flowerforyou:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    55249-Royalty-Free-RF-Clipart-Illustration-Of-A-3d-Yellow-Female-Smiley-Face-Winking.jpg
    That is awesome!

I started about two months ago doing the 100 pushup challenge (could not even do two - now up to 20). My husband and a friend commented on how tone my back, arms, and shoulders are now. Not bulky am I'm only lifting my own weight, but it was nice someone else noticed. Maybe that will help?
  • thricewiser
    Options
    That;s awesome! Well done!
  • acureese
    acureese Posts: 169
    Options
    Congratulations!!! :)
  • LuRox
    LuRox Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    What an awesome feeling that was huh? Congrats!!!:drinker:
  • 2kidzlater
    2kidzlater Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Very encouraging! That is so awesome!
  • Mummsy
    Mummsy Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Excellent! :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: :smile: :tongue:
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm in my size 8 jeans right now.... still have some distance to go before I fit into my old size 8 cords. Gotta love the jeans, though!
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    Congratulations hunny!!!!! That is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!! :o) So happy for you!
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can still get rid of the "batwigs" as you so call it. Keep doin the weight training. I see alot of older women @ the gym that I go to that have been able to tighten it up. But it takes alot of time! Plus you may wanna go heavy with your weights. Age ain't nothin but a number. You are never to old to shape up. Just gotta give it time. Unfortantly you gotta eat clean too :( blah.... That's soooo hard. I'd be toned up if I would have followered a clean diet :,( But I ain't given up. Just startin over by eating clean.
  • harleygirl6363
    harleygirl6363 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!! Thats my goal size but I def would not be sad to get into a size 6 LOL!! Congrats and keep up the toning!!
  • THISisTARRAN
    THISisTARRAN Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Great JOB! :)
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Fantastic. You should feel really proud of yourself!*pat on the back* I hope someday to get down into the single digits again. I'm in 12-13 now.

Shannon
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for all the kudos and congrats to all who just posted. This is an old post, though. LOL! I'm still around a size 8 - haven't moved much since then but have toned up in other areas. The batwings are nearly gone. Problem is that when I use the sport bra, which I use much of the time since I'm training hard in ballet, it pushes the large-ish bust out the back and creates those fat spots around the shoulder blades.

I've slimmed considerably but doubt I'll go lower than an 8 due to the hips being the way they are...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!