BJ's

Options
2»

Replies

• Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    You can get it at 2.00 a lb lol he said organic which costs more.

Yeah. I get that.....but 3x as much. I would go broke. I eat like 10lb chicken/week
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I get great meat at a local butcher for about the same cost. For my friends in VA it's a place called Central Meats in Chesapeake.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    The Sam's Club here tends to have high quality meat for a great price. I'm mad I don't have a freezer large enough to store more meat. I make sure to get my fill, though. :wink:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's just me but I found your title rather intriguing. I can't decide if it's on purpose or a genuine question.

:laugh:

From the OP, I am guessing that it's a store, but yeah, funny name.

OP, lately, I've been reading through the Sunday ads and getting what's on sale. Sometimes we go to to our local meat market and buy in bulk. I've never been to either of the places you are talking about, so I can speak to their prices. I would just do the math. Sometimes the meat market is cheaper, and sometimes the grocery store is actualy cheaper per serving.
  • ShaunaLaNee
    ShaunaLaNee Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Dont have a BJs here, but we get boneless skinless chicken breasts at Sams for $1.72 a pound as opposed to $1.97 a pound at Walmart, and the Sams meat is better
    Sams and walmart are owned by the company, same meat:)
  • emtb319
    Options
    For the fresh stuff, not really. I find them to be a tad overpriced, but when they mark down their meats, they mark them down to like $.35/lb (even the boneless skinless chicken). Most of their other bulk stuff is decently priced and their coupon policy is really nice. I've gotten a lot of my son's snacks and drinks for beans because they allow stacking. I also like that they allow people from 2 different households to share an account.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I'm very disappointed. I thought this thread was going to be about the deep dish pizza place in LA.
  • michelledanny
    michelledanny Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    We buy our meat at the meat market - fresher and the price is right!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I'm very disappointed. I thought this thread was going to be about the deep dish pizza place in LA.

mmmmmm....pizza.......
  • SpiritRockBernie
    Options
    costco's good for non perishable items like toilet paper, paper towels, some groceries. But I get most perishable items at a local grocery store or farmer's market.
  • 30Purple
    30Purple Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    We don't have a BJ's here, but we do have a Sam's Club and I buy lunch meat there, and it looks like meats are cheaper. I generally buy my chicken on sale at the grocery or a local meat market for anywhere from $1.69-1.99 a lb for the breast or 65-80 cents for a whole chicken. Non-sale weeks when you need it, I think it's great. Just buy some freezer bags and freeze what you can't immediately use.
  • _danjo_
    _danjo_ Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    We have Costco here and it is NOT a better deal. The cuts of meat are better than most grocery stores, but the prices reflect that. When you compare prices by the ounce, pound or item, Costco is nearly always more. We'll go there to stock up on some pantry staples, but I can do MUCH better shopping at my local grocery stores on sales and coupons.
  • bkibbs
    bkibbs Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    costco's good for non perishable items like toilet paper, paper towels, some groceries. But I get most perishable items at a local grocery store or farmer's market.

Ditto. I'm only shopping for one person living alone, so anything that can go to waste I wouldn't be able to buy at (in my case) Costco