Trying to lose 80lbs

Options
Looking for friends that can support and motivate me during this weight loss Journey. Also looking for friends that like support and motivation in return. Active users please! I'm serious about this lifestyle change and would love to have online friends to help me. I'm 21yrs old, 5'3, and weigh 224lbs my weight loss goal is 140lbs. I know that's a long and big goal. I'm determined to get there though, no matter how long it takes!

Replies

• her4g63
    her4g63 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    You can do it, girl! You're doing a fabulous job already! (:
  • eicnhojyam
    eicnhojyam Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What an awesome goal! I'm planning to lose 100 lbs, at least. Add me as your friend. I just started yesterday, so here's to day 2!
  • spireswife1
    Options
    What an awesome goal! I'm planning to lose 100 lbs, at least. Add me as your friend. I just started yesterday, so here's to day 2!

Adding Now, New Friend :)
  • spireswife1
    Options
    Thank you so much @sschwark!
  • debbiekuhn123
    debbiekuhn123 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi & welcome, i joined yesterday too & aiming for 100lbs loss, i have a 20 month old boy who keeps mummy motivated so add me as a friend too if you like x
  • lbesaw
    lbesaw Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    You ONLY need yourself to succeed--You CAN do this!! Your best years are ahead of you if you just remember to take the time to take care of yourself. The only thing you need to do it follow this food diary and be honest--write down everything that goes in your mouth. Make adjustments when you need to stay within your calorie/fat intake and always be thinking about your next meal......very important to plan ahead. Eat three meals, no skipping and don't beat yourself up if you have a few slips along the way. If you are really craving certain foods find a way to have them to satisfy your urges. I eat ANYTHING I want within reason and have adapted some of my favorites into lowfat low calorie recipes that hit all my bells and whistles and keep me on track. Good Luck to you on your journey!
  • mcarrillo5167
    mcarrillo5167 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 88! By all means, add me!
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! You have a great goal... sounds good! Look at it in twenty pound increments and it doesn't seem like as far to go!

I've had a lot of success with MFP... lost 50 pounds overall. You can do this!
  • nadialev1
    Options
    I just joined today too. Trying to lose 74 pounds, I'm not sure how this got so out of hand but now that I'm done having kids I'm ready to get down to my forever weight. We can do it!
  • MommaKit79
    Options
    I am all about being motivted and motivating others! Motivating others helps to motivate myself.

GOOD LUCK to you. Find a plan & program you can stick with and that works for YOU...whether it be 5-6 meals a day or 3 meals a day...YOU GOT THIS GIRL!!! You took the first step to a NEW YOU by starting here! Let the negative fall to the background and keep your motivation ahead of you.

Request is being sent now...BTW, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE FOOD TOO!!! :-)
  • sh4690
    sh4690 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    You can do it!
    Just stay motivated :D
    Good Luck!
    x
  • mosichd
    Options
    "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step". Just got to stick with it, you will be at your goal before you know it! Feel free to add me.
  • 2design
    2design Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm on day 5 and would love to have you add me as a friend. I'm trying to lose 73 pounds to get to 150 at 5-6"ht. This is my second time making a lifestyle change like this. The first time was after my 2nd child at weight watchers. I made it down to 170 and felt great. Then one day I was looking at a pop tart and thought, I'm never going to be able to have one of these again without feeling guilty. Yes, a pop tart! I stopped journaling my meals and boom several years later (and yes several pop tarts too) I'm back where I started. Hoping that using this system and getting some good online support from friends will help me make a change that lasts a loooong time.
  • conure2
    conure2 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Sending you a friend request :)
  • mdb543
    mdb543 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    sent you a message :0)
  • tinad120
    tinad120 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    FR sent :)

I have 74 lbs to go - any dedicated MFP-ers feel free to add :)
  • Barbell_Jules
    Barbell_Jules Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I am looking to lose about 80 pounds as well. :) I started in January at 237 pounds. I have lost 46 so far and looking to get down to 160 as my goal weight. The weight came off easily at first and that kept me motivated and since about May I have really struggled to keep myself on track for more than a week or 2 at a time. My weight graph looks like a lot like this... ^^^^^^^ ,,,, up a few pounds, down a few pounds, up a few pounds, etc etc. I really want to see the nice downhill line from here on out.

You can do this! Don't beat yourself up over a bad day or a bad week. Keep your end goal in your focus and just keep starting fresh, letting go of the bad day or week you had. =)
  • julieannlester
    Options
    You can do it, and good luck
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 100+ lbs. Feel free to add me.
  • Luciabella07
    Luciabella07 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent! I am 193 and would like to get down to about 130. We can motivate eachother!! :)