Hi, my name is VKaylor and I'm a food addict...lol

Options
Seriously I love food so I'm using this to kinda help with portion control and accountability. I would like to lose 40lbs by my next birthday ( 02/27 roughly 6 months away ). Would love any tips, lifestyle changing ideas, ect. Thanks!

Replies

• ambeezy84
    Options
    :laugh: Hey there,
    I love your title..... and can totally relate..... I was eating more than anybody in my household LOL
    This whole weight loss thing has been a bit of a challenge for me as well because i love food and my biggest problem was eating WAY TOO MUCH of it at a time. My goal was getting back down to 130 lbs (that was before having 3 kids) but i'll settle for 140 LOL. I've gone from 180 lbs. to (at the moment) 166 and HOPEFULLY i'll get to where i wanna be. I'm pretty new to this site so if you would like to be buddies and chat.... feel free to add me :)
    Hope you are having a good day!!
  • QueenofScott
    QueenofScott Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am a carboholic! My biggest help has been giving up sugars and white flour. For the first time in my life (& at 49 years old I have been on MANY diets) I do not crave sugary treats, chips, pasta, etc. also very helpful, has been journalism my exercise and food here on MFP. I am only 5 1/2 weeks in...2 1/2 weeks here on MFP. I'm sure you will do fantastically! Feel free to add me as a friend, of you like:(
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I am a carboholic as well. I LOVE bread and pasta. That's my downfall. I could cut out all the sugary, sweet stuff but not that. I just need to learn moderation.
    I'm going to add you both.
  • tmuster
    Options
    yes the breads and pasta are also my downfall.. I recently gained back 6 lbs and it was because I went from hardly no bread and pasta for 1month and then all the sudden back to once a day. It came on quick and am more aware now what is my nemesis. best of luck. Friends request sent
  • feel free to add me if you'd like. My first priority when I log on to MFPs is to answer any questions from the friends list. Feel free to ask question I'm always in the mood to help
  • kerianne2020
    Options
    hiya, im a food addict also, i would keep eating just cos the food was there!! even if i was full i would keep going :-( a friend of mine and i have the same android phones and she told me about my fitness pal and praised it so i thought i would give it a go, so, on or about the 28th august (2012) i downloaded the app to my phone and i've been having a blast ever since!! in 5 weeks i have lost 5kg's (approx 10lbs?) i still eat some of the things i used to like chocolate but i'm feeling fuller, i think one of themajor changes i made was to actually have something at breakfast time. I have a Slim shake that i make in the mornings (99cals) and that see's me thru til smoko. the other biggest change is eating fresh fruit every day. So now i have found this on my pc too i thought this is great!! i can add friends and have my own prtable support group too!!! Am definately keen to add friends from all over the place and support and share so for those looking.... please feel free to add me!! cheers