Weekend pressures

Options
I signed up on MFP on Monday. I love this site/ app so much! I am a woman on a mission. My goal is to lose 50 lbs. by March 24th.... My 27th birthday. I'm at 190 lbs., 5’9". The weekend is closing in and those two days are where I always fail. I am a woman who likes to indulge in the dieter's forbidden at least one day of out of a weekend, but if I want to reach my goal by my self-appointed deadline, I cannot do this. Has anyone completely ruled out alcohol and junk food for an allotted amount of time? How did you do this? Please share.

Replies

• RoseAmongThorns91
    RoseAmongThorns91 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm curious to what people say as well - the weekend is where I always fail. It's hard but we can get through it!!
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    No way. Friday or sat are my alcohol nights, and sunday is usually my "cheat day". It keeps me on track during the week.
  • feepug
    Options
    I usually pick Friday or Saturday as my cheat night, i try to make myself choose cheat foods or alcohol, doesn't always work, but choosing 1 or the other some of the time is better than having both every time!
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I'll go a couple of weeks without alcohol if I start to stall. You just have to let the people you spend time with on the weekends know what you're doing so they don't pressure you or plan to avoid social situations with alcohol for that week or two. Also, I try to cook at least half of my weekend meals so I'm not inhaling restaurant calories. It's all about willpower and what you really want most.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I used to drink a ton when I was younger, but pretty much since I had my son when I was 28, the frequency and amount of alcohol had slowed down anyway. So when I joined MFP and saw how many calories were in drinks, I pretty much limited myself to one drink occasionally...now I don't drink at all. Maybe a glass of wine every 2 or 3 months with girlfriends. Anyhow, as far as getting to your goal by that time, I would definitely try cutting out the alcohol, but don't try cutting out whole food groups or anything like that. It's not sustainable. You can look at my diary if you'd like. I still eat treats and some "junk food" and have still managed to lose weight. It took me almost a year to lose 50 pounds though, but I was taking things slowly.
  • Clumz27
    Clumz27 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips!