how many calories for shoveling all that snow off of my car?

Options
Its not a serious question... just rantings of someone who shoveled a pile of snow bigger than they are. :indifferent:

Replies

• tomtrl
    tomtrl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I shoveled snow for about an hour one day and actually went online and searched for calories burned while shoveling snow. My gym was closed that day, so it was my workout for that day.
  • mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    This is a web site I like to use for calculating calories burned. I hope you find it helpful

http://exercise.about.com/cs/fitnesstools/l/blcalorieburn.htm

Cindy
  • hurton
    hurton Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    There is shoveled under the excercise log!
  • angel_eyes17
    angel_eyes17 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys so much!!! You are all amazing. :happy:
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I wore my HRM the other day when I shoveled. 90 minutes of shoveling = 675 calories!
  • angel_eyes17
    Options
    I just went on that site and it said 285 calories for 45 minutes. Thats insane if its true. For the first time I'm glad it snowed. I'm not working out today. Thanks again!

This is a web site I like to use for calculating calories burned. I hope you find it helpful

http://exercise.about.com/cs/fitnesstools/l/blcalorieburn.htm

Cindy
  • angel_eyes17
    Options
    Forgive my total cluelessness, but whats an HRM?
    I wore my HRM the other day when I shoveled. 90 minutes of shoveling = 675 calories!
  • tomtrl
    tomtrl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Heart Rate Monitor
  • amberc1982
    amberc1982 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    It was snowing like crazy at my house this morning. It something you don't see much in Texas. My son was loving it. But it didn't actually stick to the sidewalks or driveway so I didn't have to shovel. I did however have to clear it off my truck. I lived in New York up until I was 20 and had to shovel snow all the time. I hated it when I was younger but I wouldn't mind the work out right now.
  • angel_eyes17
    Options
    thank you tomtrl.