Fruit & Protein Cottage Cheese

Options
I frequently make this delicious dessert for my pre-bedtime casin protein meal. These are the kind of meals that make you forget you're on a diet :-)

1/2 cup cottage cheese (I use no salt added 1% milkfat)
1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use Dymatize Elite Casin)
1/4 cup almond milk (or skim milk)
Mixed chopped fruit, as desired (I use the Mango Fruit Salsa recepie from Yummy Life http://www.theyummylife.com/recipes/135/Mango+Fruit+Salad+Salsa)

Start with the cottage cheese and mix in the protein powder. The mixture will be dry, so start stirring in the milk until you reach the desired consistency. Add the fruit (sliced strawberries, blueberries and raspberries also work well) and mix well. Enjoy!

230 calories, 3g fat, 1g sat fat, 15 mg cholesterol, 138mg sodium, 324mg potassium, 15g total carbs, 1g fiber, 9g sugar, 38g protein (!), 9% vitamin A, 16% vitamin C, 76% calcium, 3% iron.

Replies

• jedijurist
    Options
    Bump
  • Huiminlovesfood
    Options
    Sounds delicious! Definitely trying it! Any alternatives besides protein powder?
  • jedijurist
    Options
    Haven't tried anything else yet, but that vanilla powder really gives it a great taste - just had some more last night and caught myself licking the bowl ;-)
  • JUDYREP01
    Options
    I prefer to use 1/2 cup low sodium small curd cottage cheese, mix in a teaspoon or so of vanilla, 2 packets of splenda & slice up 3 or 4 straberries on top. Plenty of protein without the powder with way fewer calories annnnnnd....... DELICIOUS!