Runners - What shoes are best?

Options
I've been running more and more... I'm thinking I should probably think about investing in a good pair of shoes. I have pretty flat feet... but I also underpronate! What type of shoes are best? Is there anything I can do to keep all of my shoes from wearing so badly?

Replies

• spikefoot
    Options
    shoes will wear no doubt.

I bought a pair of asics and they work for me.

Some will say to go to a specialty type store and have them properly fit you.

I may look into this now that I run a lot more...

You could just buy a pair that is comfortable (and some would say risk an injury, I don't think we are that sensitive) or just go get fitted if you are hardcore.

Only you will know what shoes work. Some people prefer barefoot so you need to go try some stuff out.

Good luck :)
  • runnninginmd
    Options
    Go to a running store and have them fit you. When I was training for my first half marathon my feet/ankles were always in bad shape so I finally went to a running store. They watched my stride and fitted me with Brooks Ravennas, which I have loved.
  • bunnylvr
    Options
    You need to go to a running store and get fitted. They will watch you run and tell you which shoes you need to buy. There is no one size fits all when it comes to running shoes. What might work for one person won't necessarily work for another.
  • Dlacenere
    Dlacenere Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    My favorites are Brooks and Saucony
  • Tnia
    Tnia Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Nike shoes are the best!
  • paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Go to a running store and have them fit you. When I was training for my first half marathon my feet/ankles were always in bad shape so I finally went to a running store. They watched my stride and fitted me with Brooks Ravennas, which I have loved.

This ^^^^^^^^
    I also have Brooks, vapour 9 im on my second pair which i bought for last Sundays 10k run :bigsmile:
    they will get you to try on various pairs and video your run to get you the best to suit you

and Happy running :drinker:
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    reebok zigwild