Zippered pockets!

Options
So, as the wheezy nerd that I am, I always need to carry an inhaler with me when I work out. I'm starting to run outside, but am always concerned my inhaler is going to fall out of either my sweatshirt or my pants.

Do any of you have hoodies with zippered pockets? Where did you get them? I'd take pants suggestions, too, though I already have a pair of those and am not desperate for a new one.

P.S. I do have a Columbia Fleece, but get pretty hot in it.

Replies

• drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    duh....Fanny pack!! It's a super hot look too. Rock it!!!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    duh....Fanny pack!! It's a super hot look too. Rock it!!!

But it bounces up and down and punches me in the face like the possessive lover that it is! Maybe I should just wear it tighter. And not on elastic cord.
  • Captain_RG
    Captain_RG Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    On mine, I drilled a hole in the top of the plastic sheath so I could stick a lanyard in it and shove it down my shirt. I don't really have any suggestions on hoodies.
  • davebernardin
    Options
    http://www.spibelt.com/spibelt.php

I carry my iphone while running and it doesnt move at all. Very comfortable and convenient.

Cheers
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Check out Patagonia outdoor clothing (patagonia.com). I have a few Patagonia jackets and they all have multiple zippered pockets, on the inside and out! I'm a wheezy nerd too and always have to carry stuff when I run so I really appreciate their smart designs. The clothes are also well made and durable. I have been taking this one blue jacking camping for years and it has held up very nicely.
  • spikefoot
    Options
    Yeah I was just gonna say a runners belt thingie too or http://www.armpocket.com/

looks bulky to me though but people seem to like them..that might work
  • danimal5867
    Options
    You need a SPIbelt. Find a good running store or decent sporting goods store. They should have the SPIbelt. It is an adjustable, elastic belt with a zippered, highly expandable pouch. I use one to carry my money, license, and car key when I run. The pouch will actually stretch far enough to hold a can of soda.
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I was going to suggest stuff it in your bra/ sock
    Or an arm pocket
  • SoDamnHungry
    Options
    I was going to suggest stuff it in your bra/ sock
    Or an arm pocket

Tragically, inhalers are a little blocky to stuff in a bra or sock. It'd be good for a credit card, though.
  • likemeinvisible
    Options
    Thread and needle are not that hard to use. Add a small patch pocket to whatever you're wearing, you can always cut it off if you don't like it. I would section off part of the pocket with a small stitch:

current pocket:

|`````````````|
    |`````````````|
    |`````````````|
    |_______|

small section to keep small stuff in place:

|`````````````|
    |`````````|```|
    |`````````|```|
    |_____|__|

I hope this makes sense.
  • SoDamnHungry
    Options
    Thread and needle are not that hard to use. Add a small patch pocket to whatever you're wearing, you can always cut it off if you don't like it. I would section off part of the pocket with a small stitch:

current pocket:

|`````````````|
    |`````````````|
    |`````````````|
    |_______|

small section to keep small stuff in place:

|`````````````|
    |`````````|```|
    |`````````|```|
    |_____|__|

I hope this makes sense.

Thank you for the sewing suggestion, but I'd really like a sturdy pocket with a zipper so my inhaler feels secure. I find myself distracted by constantly checking for it, afraid it's fallen out.
  • SoDamnHungry
    Options
    Thanks for all of the suggestions, folks!