Good at home workout?

Options
My husband and I are going to a family barbeque after work today so I wont have time to go to the gym/my zumba class. Does anyone have a good at home workout I could do just so I can keep my body in the habit. Maybe like a youtube video etc.. or whatever?

Replies

• LeidaPrimal
    LeidaPrimal Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Skip the rope for as long as you can at a high intensity, rest 30 sec. Rinse -repeat 10x. If you do not have a jumping rope, do the same with burpies, ~ 10-15 full burpies with 10 sec rest. Fast, efficient and you have time to relax before the party :)
  • Leamac83
    Leamac83 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels dvds are all amazing!! The 30 day shred is my favourite and its only 20 mins. So many people on here will agree and tell of their success stories with Jillian! Im sure you can see some of her workouts on you tube.

Good Luck! :)
  • Tebbspcad
    Options
    Look for a Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred or 6 week 6 pack (or any of her others) - all are excellent & can be found on you tube i believe.
    :happy:
  • LailaB123
    LailaB123 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 day shred is on youtube for free - give it a try!
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    50 burpees a day
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    BenderFitness is a member here... check out her profile at
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/BenderFitness

She uploads a lot of her workouts to youtube... the handful I've looked at are pretty good.
  • skinnygurl02
    skinnygurl02 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    30 day shred
  • SlimsLiftingMoreThanLipstick
    Options
    If you are ever needing a workout and just don't know what try this: pick any 4 moves- **IDEAS** sumo squats, chair jumps, chair pushups, burpees, pistol squats, froggies, Squat jumps, spidermans, crunches, reverse crunches, push ups, planks (low or high), dive bombers etc repeat each move 25 times and do 5 rounds. I like to pick 4 moves and do 5 burpees in between each. Ok- GO!

Also I like zwow on youtube or check out bodyrock.tv
  • Inamourada
    Options
    Jillian Michaels dvds are all amazing!! The 30 day shred is my favourite and its only 20 mins. So many people on here will agree and tell of their success stories with Jillian! Im sure you can see some of her workouts on you tube.

Good Luck! :)

I agree! 30 Day Shred is what started to make me prefer working out at home because with videos, I tend to work out harder than I would just doing my own thing at the gym. I like some of Jillian's videos better than others but if you need a quick workout, 30 Day Shred is great! She also has a newer kickboxing video called Kickbox Fastfix which is really fun and includes three 20 minute workouts. Killer Buns and Thighs is good too, which has three 30 minute workouts. I Would recommend any of Jillian's videos, though!
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    i normally do this one..15 mins of Zumba fun and yea great music too...i mostly replay it to make it a 30 min workout and i am done for the day :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frpOJ_n6N7g
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Ditto bodyrock.tv or ZWOW (Zuzanna on youtube).
  • deedeezplace
    Options
    Don't have home exercises for you, except the exercise ball for situps and leg exercises. Just wanted you to know that your local aquatic center might have what we have, a Water Zumba class! Ever sweat in a pool? it is great. Love and blessings
  • skyeliz525
    skyeliz525 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 day shred - you can get the dvd or watch it on youtube.

Also, if you are on Pinterest, there are TONS of ones like this:
    50 crunches
    25 leg lifts (each side)
    50 bicycles
    25 squats
    15 sumo squats
    50 calf raises
    100 arm circles (50 each side)
    15 push-ups
    50 jumping jaks
    1 minute plank

That will get your heart rate up and you can do with or without weights! And all can be done QUICKLY at home when you don't have time for an intense gym workout!
  • Turtlehurdle
    Options
    Sex
  • ashkinlaw
    ashkinlaw Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I just got the complete set of Sweatin' to the Oldies. It is a light workout but it is sooo much fun.
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    If you have Netflix there are some workouts there.... otherwise I'd say go for a nice run... or jump rope... that burns a lot too.
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I did this Spartan Race workout a few weeks ago and it killed me: 100 jumping jacks, 50 leg lifts, 50 frog jumps, 100 body weight squats. This was after run/walking for a half an hour. Sometimes I'll jump rope 100 rotations, then take a break between 5-10X.

Good luck! If you wouldn't mind, repost what you actually did, I'm curious.:smile:
  • msaestein1
    msaestein1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I just got the complete set of Sweatin' to the Oldies. It is a light workout but it is sooo much fun.
    hahahahah....I have his step n' sweat at home...he is so fun! Igot if from my mother. She lost weight over 20 years ago doing those and has kept it off. She has all of them and disco sweat too. I still do Tae Bo for cardio. I love kick boxing. I do Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones for toning. I also have her Banish Fat and Boost Metabolism. that is 50 mins of jumping. I only do that when I have really cheated on my diet, so maybe once a week.
  • Rlopez913
    Rlopez913 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I do the 30day shred. Only 20 min and you'll feel great afterwards.