one bad day

Options
hello all! Yesterday I had a bad day and ate way to much. I didnt count the calories but I know burgers and fries didnt fit in my range ;) Just curious... how much does one bad day set you back?

Replies

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Almost nothing. It takes a lot of calories to gain a pound. If you eat them all at once you flush most of them from your system.

But eat well today and LOG! One day isn't bad. Two is worse. A week and you start gaining seriously.
  • davidr730
    davidr730 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    It takes 3500 calories above your TDEE to gain 1 pound. I assure you that you didn't do that with a burger. Don't sweat 1 bad day. I like veggies, But I LOVE burgers. If you never splurge, it's a almost impossible to stay on track. Enjoy eating once in a while, just don't get crazy with it.
  • amberrr20
    amberrr20 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    dont let one bad meal set you back! it happens and its okay that it happens. dont let it ruin your day just continue your day with healthy food.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I agree with nxd10 - log it anyway! You need to be in the habit of loging everything as accurately and consistely as you can so you're accountable for your decisions. Otherwise...what's the point of using this site?

As far as how it will affect...the biggest backlash with dining out or having a big meal is usually the sodium, not so much the calories. Try to be extra good about meeting your calorie goal for the next week or so and drink your water and then some.
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Doesn't set me back at all. No worries.

Oh, and log it. Log everything.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I've had a lot of bad days in the past year of counting calories. Even really bad weeks. You may put on some weight the next time you're on a scale, but most of it will be water weight from the increased sodium. Drink plenty of water to help flush your system and I'd suggest staying off the scale for a few days, but don't worry about it if you are up a couple of pounds. It'll fall right back off soon enough.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    It takes 3500 calories above your TDEE to gain 1 pound. I assure you that you didn't do that with a burger. Don't sweat 1 bad day. I like veggies, But I LOVE burgers. If you never splurge, it's a almost impossible to stay on track. Enjoy eating once in a while, just don't get crazy with it.

YES! Enjoy your food. Eat what you want. Log your calories. Watch your macros.