Looking for friends losing 50+ lbs!

Options

Replies

• bjs06
    bjs06 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    JuDurand, wow, amazing job, keep it up!

Right now my small goal is to lose 40 lbs by my 19th birthday, may 28th. In the long run, I need to lose 76 more lbs so I guess i qualify. I hope people stick to this board because it's nice to have people who you can relate to. It's great to get healthy, and be in shape for everyone, but it's easier to relate with people who need to lose such a significant amount of weight like i do. Good luck everyone!
  • sscurran
    Options
    congrats...that is a great achievement. I am down 30 but have about 95 to go.
  • m0m2three
    Options
    I have lost 13 & have 81 to go. Please feel free to add me, I am all about supporting one another.
    I might add I like JerzeeBabies idea, I know many have started their own group & have goals, challenges & accountability among themselves, so if anyone decides to do that, let me know. I would love to join in. :wink:
  • gennyvieve
    Options
    I still have 53lbs to go......would love to have a bigger support circle! :) add me please!!!
  • averys7
    averys7 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I definately have some weight to loose. I have lost 18 so far and I'm really proud of that. I honestly have no idea how much I need to loose but I would like to be under 200 then start focusing on a real number/goal. I'd love to join your group too! Here's to a healthy life...Sara
  • averys7
    Options
    Hey all...why don't we do a challenge together for the week? I do well when I have support and direction.

The direction helps because when I'm about to do something (like eat cake, I love cake) I tell my self...oh, can't do that because the challenge this week is no sweets or whatever it happens to be.

So, what do you think? Any ideas of a good challenge? I'm thinking something like a workout challenge anyone with ideas?
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    Hey all...why don't we do a challenge together for the week? I do well when I have support and direction.

The direction helps because when I'm about to do something (like eat cake, I love cake) I tell my self...oh, can't do that because the challenge this week is no sweets or whatever it happens to be.

So, what do you think? Any ideas of a good challenge? I'm thinking something like a workout challenge anyone with ideas?

Hi Sara. first of all congrats on being 18 lbs down! You're on your way! A workout challenge is an excellent idea I think. Currently I am committing myself to 45 minutes to an hour 5 days a week. Nothing too intense, but enough to work up a sweat. i try to get in 6 days. Next week my personal challenge is to give up sugared coffee.
  • averys7
    Options

Hi Sara. first of all congrats on being 18 lbs down! You're on your way! A workout challenge is an excellent idea I think. Currently I am committing myself to 45 minutes to an hour 5 days a week. Nothing too intense, but enough to work up a sweat. i try to get in 6 days. Next week my personal challenge is to give up sugared coffee.

Wow...I only do 30 minutes 3-4 days per week. I will also committ to 45-60 minutes 5 days a week. Sounds like fun! I'm in...here's to a good week!
  • teb1215
    Options
    That's me too! I have just over 70 pounds to go :)
  • Jerzeebabie04
    Options
    heyyyy all! Just thought I'd check in to see how everyone is doing today? I had an appointment with my weight loss doctor today, I go every 2-3 weeks. I lost 3.3lbs in 3 weeks, I was a little disappointed, I was hoping for 4 lbs and I figure with diet pills I should be losing at least 2 lbs a week, but I'm not going to stress over it! Any weight loss is good right?

I'm planning on starting Jillian Michaels 30 day shred tomorrow. Going to do level 1 for 10 days. I'm only worried that it will make me gain weight the first week or 2 from all the toning. Last I tried to do it for a few days and didn't lose any weight. Hope everyone else is doing good!
  • m0m2three
    Options
    Me too... I am on board with 45 min., 5 times a week & no sugar for the week. YAY US... :bigsmile:
  • bjs06
    bjs06 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    "Any weight loss is good right? "

You are so right! I say, with pretty much everything in life, 'better than nothing', and with losing weight, it's always better than nothing, and it's definitely better than gainging! So congrats on your loss!

I'm totally in on the no sugar and 60 minute work outs for 5 days! =) good luck everyone!

feel free to add me. i love to cheer people on and see success, it really motivates me, especially when those people are in the same position i am, trying to lose such a large amount of weight!

hope everyone is having a great week.
  • Jerzeebabie04
    Options
    I am definitely in for doing 45 mins of exercise 5 times a week! But I don't know about the NO sugar part of it, some of the foods I eat do have a small amount of sugar and I don't really like the fake sweeteners. I saw something about how they can make you gain weight or how they make you hungry for more calories. No Aspertame for me!
    But I do stick to low sugars & I try to stay away from anything with a double digit for the grams of sugar. Usually 5 grams of sugar or less is my goal, but if it has more I try to stay away from anything with a double digit! Good luck
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    I did my 45 minutes tonight, even after the ten hour work day. Sugar is tough because i am a junkie. But thats why it's gotta go.

Lets do it everyone, one day at a time!
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    Saturday, February 13, 2010 at 7:52 PM

Call me a lunatic, but this is when the new moon begins in my time zone.
    This is the moment I give up the sugar (and coffee forever). It is going to be a shock to the system alright.

One week sugar free, who is with me?
  • VRamos81
    Options
    heyyyy all! Just thought I'd check in to see how everyone is doing today? I had an appointment with my weight loss doctor today, I go every 2-3 weeks. I lost 3.3lbs in 3 weeks, I was a little disappointed, I was hoping for 4 lbs and I figure with diet pills I should be losing at least 2 lbs a week, but I'm not going to stress over it! Any weight loss is good right?

I'm planning on starting Jillian Michaels 30 day shred tomorrow. Going to do level 1 for 10 days. I'm only worried that it will make me gain weight the first week or 2 from all the toning. Last I tried to do it for a few days and didn't lose any weight. Hope everyone else is doing good!

Hey Jerzeebarbie.. Im doing 30 shred as well... Im on level 2 i havent gained any weight just keep losing... Its a great program hard but great! Good luck to u!
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I'll request you right now.
    I've got 88 to lose in total, 15 down, 73 more to go.
    Welcome. I'm new too.
    I just joined another good thread for 200+ people. Don't know if that suits you or not but they seem like a good and supportive group.
  • Dukesjourney
    Dukesjourney Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me I want to loose about 60lbs on total!!
  • baberuth
    Options
    Please add me. I have 50 lbs to lose before the end of the year. I need all the support I can get, and I am willing to help anyone to my best ability.

I am at 195 lbs now.
  • baberuth
    Options
    Just made my ticker and thought I should add it.

316584.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods