Funny Gym Story

Options
So the other day I was jogging on a treadmill at the gym. This odd smell started to linger right after I began running and it just kept gettting worse and worse. I could see that other people around me were noticing it too.

After some time the smell was just unbearable and I slowed down to get off so I could go work out in another part of the gym. I glanced over to the woman on the treadmill next to me and saw that there was smoke floating above her head. I flagged for her to stop and we both hopped off our machines to investigate. Well it turns out, the smell and the smoke were coming from the front of my machine. My treadmill was on FIRE!!! Seriously bright orange flames could be seen in the front part of the machine.

They unplugged the machine and got it under control before anything major occured, but it sure shook me up. So what did I do? I got on another treadmill and finished my run. :)

Replies

• NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    :noway: Scary!
    Great job getting on another treadmill and finishing your run! lol.
  • infobabe
    infobabe Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Ha doesn't surprise me even the repair guy is laid off and can't fix the treadmill at the gym. Glad you didn't get electroque then you said you learned to FLY! lol
  • yolandita
    yolandita Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Wow! your smokin hot! lol:glasses: :bigsmile:
  • Kirst30
    Options
    Takes the notion of "burning" off those calories to a WHOLE different level!

Sad to hear no attractive firemen were called to the scene... Hee hee.
  • BetterVersion
    Options
    Wow. That must have been some serious running you were doing!
  • parvati
    parvati Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    LOL, that's awesome!!
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Smokin' workout..... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Sorry, couldn't help myself :tongue:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Boy, your workout was on fire!

Glad your OK.
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    When you're HOT you're HOT:wink:

Laura
  • Kirst30
    Options
    I'm enjoying how PUN-TASTIC this thread is, folks! Cheering me up, ha ha.
  • ekalcur
    ekalcur Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    These replies are hysterical! I agree with a previous poster, I was also pretty bummed that hot firemen weren't called to the scene!