5k to Half Marathon, 1 year -20 lbs Picture

Options
I have a lot of work ahead of me, but I'm proud of my progress so far. :)

My first 5k was September 16, 2011 @ 230 lbs.
My first HM was September 15, 2011 @ 210 lbs.
Exciting! :happy:

r72akn.jpg

Replies

• josavage
    josavage Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Well done - you look fantastic! And congrats on completing your first half marathon!
  • mrpurdy
    mrpurdy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Way to go, Girl! And what a great half-marathon!

My first 5K was in October 2011 (the Ghost n' Goblin 5K), and I completed my first half 2 weeks ago. I know how challenging and rewarding it is!
  • katrwal
    katrwal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    great job! i just picked up running this year - starting to train for a half-marathon next summer... keep it up!
  • ShanaeGraf
    ShanaeGraf Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration! I'm running my first 5K on October 13th and I'm hoping to run a half-marathon this Spring in Nashville. Nice to see someone about the same size as me accomplishing their goals!
  • G_Wiz87
    Options
    Way to go, Girl! And what a great half-marathon!

My first 5K was in October 2011 (the Ghost n' Goblin 5K), and I completed my first half 2 weeks ago. I know how challenging and rewarding it is!

Ghosts N' Goblins was my second 5k! My son really wants to do Turkey Trot with me this year, so I think we might do the one mile run. He's seven, and I think five miles might be too much for him. Maybe next year though!
  • G_Wiz87
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration! I'm running my first 5K on October 13th and I'm hoping to run a half-marathon this Spring in Nashville. Nice to see someone about the same size as me accomplishing their goals!

That's awesome! I can't wait to hear how it goes. :happy:
  • slindsey137
    slindsey137 Posts: 214 Member
    Options

My first 5K is the same day! Im so nervous! Good luck!
    I hope to do my first half marathon next year, Im so worried that I wont be ready, but this helps!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!