What Is It About Free Food?

Options
Have you ever noticed how tempting free food is? I mean every time someone at our office brings in donuts or leftover snacks from a class, or whatever, I find it so hard to resist. Today, it's flavored breads. The cranberry bread sounds especially tasty. In the past, I would have let these things derail my dieting, but NOT today. Tracking my food on this site and reading everyone's insightful comments on these message boards has given me the strength to say NO. Thank you all of my fitness pals.

Replies

• drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    Good for YOU!!!!! Keep up the great job!!! :bigsmile:
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! We have donuts at every freakin' team meeting! Luckily for me, I can resist donuts.

Now bring Samosa's, or fries...I'd be in trouble ;)

IF that ever happens though, I'll think of my MFP friends resisting all the treats at their offices and I WILL RESIST! :)

Thanks for sharing!
  • ischmelle
    ischmelle Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Have you ever noticed how tempting free food is? I mean every time someone at our office brings in donuts or leftover snacks from a class, or whatever, I find it so hard to resist. Today, it's flavored breads. The cranberry bread sounds especially tasty. In the past, I would have let these things derail my dieting, but NOT today. Tracking my food on this site and reading everyone's insightful comments on these message boards has given me the strength to say NO. Thank you all of my fitness pals.

I resist by not considering any food to be "free." Someone's gotta pay for it...either they pay for it with money, or I pay for it with time on the treadmill. :laugh: As my college professor used to say, there is no such thing as a free lunch. Instead of doughnuts at a meeting costing me money, they cost me exercise time. :sad:
  • sillysallyf
    sillysallyf Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Temptation is a pain in the rear end!! :mad: I am not a sweets eatting person. So donuts, cookies and stuff like that don't really tempt me. Its actual food that tempts me. I do like what "ischmelle" said. It does cost you time on the treadmill. kbarker65 keep turning down those temptations you are doing a great job. Keep it up. :drinker:
  • nort0186
    Options
    We had a coworker yesterday come back from maternity leave! They had cookies and cupcakes for her, but that wasn't the temptation for me, it was the darn Queso dip and chips that a co-worker made! All I could think about was eating just a little bit of it, but I just kept coming back on this site and reminding myself it wasn't worth it!!
  • fishykisses
    Options

Free food is so tempting, donuts are the root of all EVIL!!!
  • kimberlygo
    Options
    We have pizza in our office every thursday. I've learned that I can't resist, so I go to the gym in the morning before.