WHAT IS A NSV?

Options
i know what it stands for non scale victories but im trying to create one on my page but i dont know what it actually mean

Replies

• skinnygurl02
    skinnygurl02 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    A big one for me was to be able to wear rings that I had "outgrown". Also getting into a smaller jean size. Any victory you celebrate without having to step on the scale. Good luck girl:)
  • _mbrace
    _mbrace Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    thanks
  • xoMeaghan
    Options
    Someone said I had nice looking forearms =) NSV. I can also fit into a size down pair of pants from when I started. NSV. I can run longer than what I used to at a 5mph. NSV. Back fat betty is getting smaller, and smaller. NSV.
  • MsMetabolic
    Options
    Someone said I had nice looking forearms =) NSV. I can also fit into a size down pair of pants from when I started. NSV. I can run longer than what I used to at a 5mph. NSV. Back fat betty is getting smaller, and smaller. NSV.

Baaahahahahaha "Back fat betty" is that like what I refer to as my BACK BOOBS? Thanks for the smile :)
  • Luc245
    Options
    I forgot my belt one day and three people in my office (none of whom I considered fat) offered me their belts... none of them fit. All were way too big. A bit embarrassing but totally a NSV for me.
  • SheilaG1963
    SheilaG1963 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Smaller jeans, another hole in the belt, not feeling as tired. Lots of little things can be NSV's!
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I can cross my legs, buy most of my clothes in a regular store....
  • AnswerintheSky
    Options
    Hey, thanks for this thread 'cause I was wondering what NSV stood for. I had no idea. :huh:

My non-scale victories include being able to tighten my belt another notch (since I purchased this belt in the last four weeks or so), having people notice that my clothes don't fit as tightly, and being able to bend down and pick up something off the floor more easily.

I think it's just as important to share NSVs as it is to share our weight-loss journeys. :smile:
  • _mbrace
    _mbrace Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    haha thanks you guys since i now know what it means

My NSV is to be able to fit in a size 13 and be able to wear clothes without seeing a pouch
  • oliv2065
    oliv2065 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    My NSV would be getting new uniforms at work! I am getting close
  • slynnalex
    slynnalex Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks for asking this question! I didn't know what NSV was. My latest NSV is that my son glanced at a magazine w/ a pic of a very thin model and said, "You'd look good in that outfit, Mom." He's only 10 and is very interested in my weight loss process. He likes to see my calorie counts and we talk more about healthy eating now. Most of my clothes are loose and feel a bit odd. I don't want to buy new things because I have about 15 more lbs to go. I'll be hitting the thrift store to find some transition clothes!
  • kalghoul
    kalghoul Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just started a week ago and am down a few pounds. But my NSV is having my athlete son commend me for excercising regularly!
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    A few of my favorites were:
    When I realized I could move my car seat forward because the steering wheel wasn't hitting my belly fat.
    When I could walk across my work's campus without feeling like I was about to die.
    When I could take a bubble bath in my tub because there was finally more water than there was ME in there.
    When I put on that shirt that was always too small but too pretty to give away....and it was too BIG.
    When I could shop in a regular store and not a specialty 'fat person' store.
    When I could easily bend over to shave my legs (and not feel like I was going to pass out when I stood up)
    When one of my male co workers offered me his jacket because I was chilled and I could take it because I knew it would fit!
    When I was watching biggest loser and I was no longer fatter than the majority of the contestants

and finally...yesterday when I signed up for my very first 5K :)
  • royvmax
    royvmax Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    When I realized I could move my car seat forward because the steering wheel wasn't hitting my belly fat.
    When I could walk across my work's campus without feeling like I was about to die.
    When I could take a bubble bath in my tub because there was finally more water than there was ME in there.
    When I put on that shirt that was always too small but too pretty to give away....and it was too BIG.
    When I could easily bend over to shave my legs (and not feel like I was going to pass out when I stood up)
    When one of my male co workers offered me his jacket because I was chilled and I could take it because I knew it would fit!
    When I was watching biggest loser and I was no longer fatter than the majority of the contestants

Nice one - thats a great list, I hope to have a few of them over the next few months. They all ring true for me.
  • Pamela_in_Progress
    Pamela_in_Progress Posts: 197 Member
    Options

All very awesome NSV!! Congrats!
  • newlife888
    newlife888 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    These are some of my favorites:

Feeling younger and stronger than I did when I was a teenager.
    Having my *mother* compliment me on my size (never ever used to happen)
    Being able to run intervals on the treadmill for an hour!
    Eating less, but enjoying food more, and feeling more in control and happier about my relationship with food than ever before.
    Realizing that my job was to love my body and take care of it no matter what age, number on the scale, or pant size.
    Being able to do pushups (still working on that one).
    Enjoying exercise!