Does drinking more water help weight loss

Options
I was wondering if you drink more water daily that you can lose more weight is this true?

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    It will help you shed water weight, not necessarily fat, but it will also help your body function properly which would help you loose weight indirectly.
  • guerinusa
    guerinusa Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Especially if you increase your intake of proteins! Your kidneys will thank you
  • fishykisses
    Options
    I'm not big on drinking water either. I hate having to get up every half hour to potty...ugh!
  • kelli_panzera
    Options
    I don;'t know that it causes you to lose more weight, but I know from my own body that I would eat thinking I was starving-and never seem to get full. They say sometimes you eat when you're actually thirsty and I think thats how I work, because I was really able to comfortably cut down on calories when I drink plenty of water...and i'm no longer feeling like i'm starving. In essence I suppose it could be true because the more you fill up on water the less you feel the need to eat.
  • Jelywa
    Jelywa Posts: 13
    Options
    I've heard that often when people think they are hungry they are actually thirsty. So in a way, water is a healthy appetite suppressant.
  • stacyoct19
    stacyoct19 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    For me, I retain water easily. It helps me to be able to reduce that which does make scale show a lower weight. I don't believe it will actually cause fat loss, but yes, it can weightloss. There's so many positives to drinking water though. My skin feels so much softer and looks fresher and tighter since I've started drinking more water. I wasn't a big fan in the beginning, but I'm use to it now, and I have no problems drinking my 8 cups and even more a day.

As far as running to the ladies room, that slowed down a lot after my body was use to the water. I was going every 20-30 minutes, and now it's like every hour to hour and a half.
  • DanellaK
    Options
    I also have a hard time drinking water....BORRRRING! I use "Shake n' Run...a sugar free drink mix, kind of like Crystal Light but with no calories. It's very tasty and helps me get my water requirement.
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I really do not know the answer to this question. But my personal feeling is as much as drinking water has it's health benefits, I don't know how much of an aide it is in losing weight or shedding lbs.

A lot of people say it helps curb appetite...but I don't find that to be true for myself. Not really sure. Great question though!
  • MirandaJayne
    MirandaJayne Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I'm not big on drinking water either. I hate having to get up every half hour to potty...ugh!
    Just think of all the extra calories you burn by getting up and then walking to and from the potty that you wouldn't have normally burnt lol.