Here I go again

Options
I have been here before. This is my first day of a new start of trying to lose weight. I need to lose over 80 lbs. Every once in a while I say enough is enough and try to lose the weight. I have my little book out to keep my food journal, I have returned to my fitness pal to use the food tracker, etc and I will once again start an exercise program. I have weighed and measured myself and I am all revved up to attack this problem once again. I have failed so many times in the past that in the back of my mind I am really saying, why bother setting yourself up for another failure. I really really want to do this, but I don't know if I can. I was thin growing up and gained all of my weight as an adult. I want the thin me back again, but the image of her is slowly fading away. I am 50 years old and I want to live a lot longer. I want to be healthy and to feel good about myself again. The more that I try and fail, the more defeated I feel. I know that many of you have been where I am and have felt the same way. Please send me any advice that you can on how you have succeeded. I really need some buddies that have will come along with me on this journey, any takers?

Replies

• boricua3177
    boricua3177 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I can relate to you on so many levels. I *want* to lose the weight but I end up failing myself. I lost 55lbs back in 2005 (not very healthy, I was starving myself) but I managed to keep the weight off for about 3 years. Then in 2008 the weight started to slowly creep back and I have gained every ounce back plus an additional 7lbs.

I am tired of not liking the way I look. I am tired of being tired. I want to be healthy & feel good about myself. I want to wear the size 8 clothes in my closet that are collecting dust.

We can do this, we have to believe it....
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, you got this!
    :)
  • imarn1ab
    Options
    I too just came back to MFP yesterday as well and looking for buddies to help motivate through our journey! I have lost weight in the past (several different times) but it came back full force and I once again see a person I dislike. I have told myself so many times today will be the day, but in reality, the motivation is what I'm lacking of, and therefore another day goes by without doing anything about it. I'm sending you a friends request and hope that we all can help keep one another on track! Good Luck on you're journey to a better YOU!
  • ROWinCO
    Options
    What kind of buddy are you looking for? I can give you encouragement via MFP. Something specific? let me know, I will add you. One day at a time. Food is an addiction and sometimes we have to start over. Good luck!
  • BRenkwell
    BRenkwell Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Ha - that's EXACTLY what I was planning to title MY intro. We're back at it together, I guess!

I need to lose the 20 lbs I've gained since I moved to NC in July - and I need to get my butt off the couch and back into my one pair of size 12s and my decent work pants! Good luck!