chicken noodle soup?

Options
rchambers2072
rchambers2072 Posts: 227 Member
I am trying to make a big pot of homemade chicken soup (boneless skinless breasts, chopped carrots, onions and celery and seasonings) & then I was gonna just boil some egg noodles separately so they don't absorb too much broth as left overs, but I have no clue how to calculate nutrition or serving size due to evaporation on soup cooking all afternoon. Any ideas?

Replies

• Whart0603
    Whart0603 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My wife made a big batch of chicken noodle soup last Saturday night. I didn't account for evaporation, I just added everything she put in there into the MFP recipe tool and use what it gave me. Had to make an educated guess as to serving sizes but it seems to be coming out pretty close.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    That sounds really good. Now I want to make some! :tongue:

But yeah, use the recipe tool. Just put in each ingredient and the number of servings and MFP calculates everything.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    My wife made a big batch of chicken noodle soup last Saturday night. I didn't account for evaporation, I just added everything she put in there into the MFP recipe tool and use what it gave me. Had to make an educated guess as to serving sizes but it seems to be coming out pretty close.

Good question as I've wondered the same thing. I agree with what ^ said.