3 weeks and no loss?

Options
Help! I haven't loss any weight in 3 weeks. I am always under my calorie intake everyday except Sundays (my cheat day). I recalculated calories after I lost 10 pounds but haven't loss anything for 3 weeks.

I have added a lot more cardio to my diet though. I now ride my bike, walk and surf more often. Could I be gaining muscle instead of losing fat? What do I do???

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Open ur diary!
  • therealbeanz
    Options
    Diary Opened.
  • samlankford
    Options
    take measurements as well... you maybe losing fat but gaining lean muscle...
  • therealbeanz
    Options
    Measurements? Like measure my waist, neck, head and things?
  • LisaR86
    LisaR86 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you're just not eating enough if you've really upped the exercise
  • mvatrail
    Options
    Try more cardio - 1 hour per day minumim - medium to hard cardio - bike will work - try this every day for 3 weeks, you should see results.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Are you cheating badly on the Sunday? Could be worth taking a weekly goal rather than a daily one just in case you are destroying your deficit?

Are you eating back your exercise calories? If so you may need to check with other sites that you are burning as much as MFP gives you because for some activities it can be too generous.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    You are eating a lot salt..

Add in some veggies, change things up a bit - instead of going days of having the same breakfasts, shake things up a bit!!

Take measurements though, the inches will move before the scale sometimes
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    You could be plateauing. There are a number of tricks ppl will say are helpful in breaking plateaus, but they all seem a little gimmicky to me. Just keep eating at a deficit and working out, and it will break eventually. I'm in a 3.5 week plateau of no weight loss, and I've decided to just ride it out.
  • knowwhentoshutup
    knowwhentoshutup Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is not always linear. If you are noticing improvements elsewhere (measurements, endurance, etc.) don't dwell on it.

Of course, there are a lot of factors to consider:

1. Are you weighing your food - or simply estimating portion sizes
    2. How are you getting your 'calories burned' totals? (If you are not using a heart rate monitor - you are just estimating)

I'd suggest you re-evaluate everything (figure out your BMR and TDEE), and be patient.

*Edited to add: If you don't know, here is a great link to learn more about your BMR and TDEE: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • oklanoue
    Options
    Well I am not an expert by far but what has been working for me is eating more often during the day like 100-120 calories every 2-2 1/2 hours and eating a small breakfast and small lunch and normal size dinner...instead of 3 big meals...I think this kinda kicks the metabolism in at least that is what I have been told...makes sense...good luck!
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    - Cut the booze (wasted calories)
    - cut the ramen noodles (high in sodium)
    - cut down on the processed foods (high in sodium)

my 2 cents
  • oklanoue
    Options
    At least measure Chest ,Waist ,and hips...you can even go as far as biceps, thighs, calfs etc just something to measure by to get an idea of what is goign on...
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    a) weight loss is not linear
    b) you may not be tracking accurately
  • jonilynn70
    jonilynn70 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    - Cut the booze (wasted calories)
    - cut the ramen noodles (high in sodium)
    - cut down on the processed foods (high in sodium)

my 2 cents

I agree with the above. Processed foods are the enemy. Get as close to nature as possible and you will see that number move again :)
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Keep on keepin' on.
  • therealbeanz
    Options
    Thank you for the link(http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12) I am a beginner at all of this and had no idea of this TDEE stuff. My bike rides and walks are all monitored by the "runkeeper" and "roadbike" apps which I trust.

The food issue is I don't like vegetables so all these lean cuisines and weigh watcher foods seem like a good alternative. However I will keep this in mind and go for the non processed stuff next time.

The booze will be the last one to go. I will go with more cardio, thanks everyone you are amazing.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    My bike rides and walks are all monitored by the "runkeeper" and "roadbike" apps which I trust....

... I will go with more cardio, thanks everyone you are amazing.
    Be mindful that dietary changes have a far greater impact than exercise. It's nearly impossible to exercise the weight away - there's not enough time in the day. Diet is critical. That said, exercise is wonderful for fitness.
  • UG77
    UG77 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the link(http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12) I am a beginner at all of this and had no idea of this TDEE stuff. My bike rides and walks are all monitored by the "runkeeper" and "roadbike" apps which I trust.

The food issue is I don't like vegetables so all these lean cuisines and weigh watcher foods seem like a good alternative. However I will keep this in mind and go for the non processed stuff next time.

The booze will be the last one to go. I will go with more cardio, thanks everyone you are amazing.

If your body is busy getting rid of poison (alcohol) it won't burn fat.
  • mfp_1
    mfp_1 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Do you have a digital food scale?