Geocachers?

Options
Are there any other geocachers lurking here in the forums? I've new, been here a month and have just recently started adding a few friends. Would love to have some fellow geocachers to support! :D

Replies

• sonjanicole
    Options
    i :heart: geocaching! i haven't been in a year or so though :(
  • phoneman16
    Options
    I geocached for several years....I still have a travel bug I never passed on
  • gse313
    gse313 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Wife and I cache ALOT... we are on day 115 of our streak with 632 finds, 590 of those this year!! lol Love your pic with Signal!!
  • _JR_
    _JR_ Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Me too. Although anymore, I only seek out the ones requiring you solve riddles and puzzles before getting the coordinates. The 'easy' finds are great for bringing the kids.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Family of 5 and we love it. Great way to get these kids outdoors a digging through dirt and climbing trees.
  • possibri
    possibri Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Found out about geocaching last year... but have only been on a few hunts so far. SOOO much fun, though! Feel free to add me =]
  • KeegansMomma
    Options
    I have a couple friends on Facebook that geocache...and enjoy it. But what exactly is it?
  • territhefrog
    territhefrog Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    I have never done geocaching but both my sons have. They would have a bunch of kids with them and go all through Dallas/Fort Worth. I would liked to have gone but what high school boy wants their mom tagging along? So I just made them a big picnic basket of food instead.
  • territhefrog
    territhefrog Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    I just looked on the geocaching site and actually figured out where one is near me. Ok gotta go now. I have to go and try and find it. Maybe my sons will go with me. Can be good exercise too!
  • gse313
    gse313 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I like to describe geocaching as playing "Hot & Cold" on a GLOBAL scale. The GPS receiver (or your smartphone) tells you if you are Hot Or Cold, and when you are "Burning Up" you still have to play "Hide & Seek" with an object that can be as small as the top to a tube of tooth paste or as large as a 5 Gallon Bucket! lol

If you want to watch something that explains Geocaching a little better, copy and paste this link.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FxrMY91jJU
  • guwisti
    guwisti Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    :D Yay! That was taken this past summer at GWX!! :D I use the same name on both geocaching and here. Feel free to friend. :D
  • guwisti
    Options
    Hope it's not one of mine! :D
  • guwisti
    Options
    I just looked on the geocaching site and actually figured out where one is near me. Ok gotta go now. I have to go and try and find it. Maybe my sons will go with me. Can be good exercise too!

It's a great way to get out and about. Feel free to friend me on either site, same name. :D
  • guwisti
    Options
    I have a couple friends on Facebook that geocache...and enjoy it. But what exactly is it?

www.geocaching.com Basically you use a handheld GPS or even a smartphone to locate items all over the world. They can be as small as the tip of your pinkie or as big as an ammo can or bigger. Urban and Rural areas. You log the find by writing on a piece of paper in the cache, sometimes you can leave a trinket, and then you log online as well. Great way to get out and explore your hometown or while you travel. I've seen so many places i never would have known about were it not for geocaching. :D some of the best folks you'll ever meet too.
  • stephv38
    stephv38 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    My family (hubby and four kids ages 1 1/2 to 8) just started geocaching. Did Lake Billy Chinook in Oregon during our family camping trip this year! Super fun! Hang in there for the fitness plan! Love to support you!
  • timontwowheels
    Options
    Avid cacher right over here! I love to cache and when my job allows, (Navy), I cache in as much of the workd as I can. I started as a way to get me up and off the couch back in Great Lakes, IL and honestly learned to love caching in the snow more so than go bushwhacking out here in the PACNORWEST.
  • Kennamatic
    Options
    Yep, I'm one of them there geocachers too, (same name there as here). 11 years man and boy! Not that often these days but still go looking once in a while.

Perhaps if I'd spent rather more time geocaching and less time sat at the computer I might not be on MFP!
  • vestarocks
    vestarocks Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Oooh I'm so excited. My husband just gave me a garmin for my birthday and we found our first two caches today. My parents started years ago when they were 75 and 80 so we went with them a few times. My girlfriend is a maniac and has over 600. I have two teenage boys and I figure that it's a great way to spend time together b/c they love geocaching. Now that I have my own account I have to go back and refind all the ones I found with my folks and my friend.

I would love some geocaching pals.
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    I've only got 40 or so under my belt, my husband is the real geocacher in our family. Feel free to add me.
  • jodie091
    Options
    Love geocaching, haven't been for a while though, have found all the ones near us and having to make a day trip out of it to find more does take some of the fun out of it. Althought they are a great holiday activity. Feel free to add me :)