Coffee Question PLEASE HELP

Options
OK.... I had a 16 oz Sara Lee Cinnamon Roll Cappucino this morning and I cannot find the calories of this anywhere! I did find that there are 140 calories per 32 grams, are they referring to the actual coffee grounds?? 32 grams makes (16) 8 oz cups, I am so confused! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• sportsqueen32
    Options
    well as far as the coffe part of it, it is free of calories and everyting else...What is going to count is the cinnamon coffee roll flavouring as it is mostly sugar, and the milk that was made into the froth ( whole or skim). Was it purchased at a coffee shop or homemade? Maybe the place you bought it from has some nutritional info or maybe even the sara lee website. Have you tried googling the cappaccino?
  • shanerylee
    shanerylee Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    if it was instant, its likely thats how high the calories are.
    If you can find it listed, I would find a starbucks or international instant coffee in the data base that is comparable so you can log the right cals
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    This is all I found:
    http://www.saraleefoodservice.com/Products/Beverages/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=1399

It seems like the nutrition info above is for some kind of mix that you mix into hot water. And if that's the case, I'd think the 32 grams (which would probably be like.. a tablespoon or 2) would be what goes into 1 serving (whether "1 serving" is anywhere near 16oz, I don't know).
  • emily0730
    emily0730 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I actually got it at a gas station. The only thing I have been able to find is the 140 calories per 32 grams, but I am unsure what that means. Thanks a bunch!
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    Even coffee grounds contain calories. I would suggest googling the name of the place you bought your coffee plus nutritional info. like: starbucks+nutritional information and see what you get.

When you buy coffee's like this too you can ask them what the nutritional info is, they will have the info, then you know what you're about to consume.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    62471_labelBW.jpg

So like you said, 140 calories in 32 grams. This product (link below) is for the coffee itself, it looks like.... or whatever is in the container with the grounds, all intermingled together, to produce this coffee.
    http://www.saraleecoffeeandtea.com/Products/Beverages/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=1445

Did you add anything additional to this coffee?
    Did you pour it from a coffee carafe or push a button and have it fill your cup from a machine?

Since 16 oz = 453.592 grams, I don't think you can base your calories off the caloric info provided.... not directly.
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    If the data is in grams, than a lot of times that means it's international. Here in the States we use volume to measure most things but everywhere else they use grams even in recipes (i.e., 100 g of flour instead of 1 cup).

I would guess that 32 g is the amount of powder used to create a serving. I'd also assume that a serving was 8 - 12 oz. of beverage. Mainly because they always make the serving size small so the calories and fat and stuff seems smaller. :laugh: But also because the first ingredient is SUGAR while the instant coffee is down there at the bottom -- which hints at a calorific experience.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    If it were me and I didn't know, I'd compare it to a similar tasting drink at Starbucks and record that.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Since 16 oz = 453.592 grams, I don't think you can base your calories off the caloric info provided.... not directly.

Just a note --- no no no no no.
    You can't convert FLUID ounces to WEIGHT grams. That's volume to weight and it can't be directly converted (for example, 16 ounces (volume -- 2 cups) of iron weighs a whole lot more than 16oz (2 cups) of feathers).
  • kelli_panzera
    Options
    I work at Starbucks and the coffee is calorie free. The sweeteners used are where your calories add up. Everyone, breathe a sigh of relief...