That 5wk estimator is pissing me off....

Options
I log my stuff and up pops the happy news that I will be 147 in 5 weeks. 3 weeks later and cannot pass the stupid 160 number and that darn thing keeps popping up "you would weigh 147 in 5 weeks...UGH. . 160 is my number....Last yr I got to it and could not pass it. Fell off the wagon and back to 170 I went and now back down again and STUCK..I HATE YOU 160. and stupid estimator you are WRONG.. :( vent over. I am off to eat some celery on the treadmill

Replies

• tonileigh
    Options
    Hey! I am new to this but I feel your pain! I hate that it does the estimating any time I put the food in. I don't want to know that I can weigh my dream weight if I don't eat any other meals for the day!! And, beleive me -I'm not going to skip a meal!! :smile:
  • gummibaehr
    Options
    I'm stuck at 160, too! It's so frustrating. I just try an ignore that silly number and do the best I can from day to day. I won't give up!
  • susanw63
    susanw63 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I totally agree, I get frustrated because I am no where near the number it says I will be in 5 weeks. Number changed daily.
  • joycer10
    joycer10 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I thought I was on this tyraid all by myself! I can't seem to budge even though that 5 week thing tells me I should be losing! All we can do is keep avoiding the fridge and making the elliptical our friend and hope something will push the weight off
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    HAHAHA I've gotten to the point I just ignore it. I'm stuck at 170. I WISH I was stuck at 160 that would make me very very happy. But no and the stupid estimator keeps teasing me...in 5 wks you could be 160. REALLY??? cuz you've been telling me that for about 4 months now!!!!
  • urso99
    urso99 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Glad I'm not the only one!!

I have just started NOT clicking the button at the bottom of the page at the end of the day!!

Out of site out of mind!! I don't think it works for anyone!
  • shanerylee
    shanerylee Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Its totally annoying and I think they should get rid of it. What does that mean. You plug in how much weight you want to loose in the beginning and it says that in 5 weeks you will be at this amount of weight.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    That's because the "stupid button" bases it's estimation soley on math. And, unfortuantely, or bodies aren't just about math. There's more to it than calories in vs. calories out.

But keep at it! You're doing great, and just always remember that eating healthy foods and exercising can't be bad for you. :wink:
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I like seeing the POSSIBILITY of that number but I'd rather see it on my scale than on a computer screen! I think it's a nice distraction from focusing so intently on what your weight is now. There's a sense of hope that if you keep doing what you're doing and stay dedicated, you *could see that on your scale!

On the days where I didn't exercise enough, I hate seeing it go up!

I wish there was an option to shut that off, though.

Don't get discouraged! Keep on keepin' on! :flowerforyou:
  • jenmonkee
    Options
    Something to consider for the estimator is that it is based on the assumption that if every day for 5 weeks you consumed the exact same amount of calories, and exercised the same amount THEN you will weigh that much. I think I am going to begin a journal and see how close it is.
    Jen