Good Morning

Options
A brief introduction to the web site
My work partner and I found this site while walking around on the internet, while searching for fitness and diet tips.
What a great site to land on

I am a mother of three,,grandmother of three, My work consists of countless hours of housekeeping, at a new Inn in my town,, only 3 years old now,,I so much enjoy the newness and the challenge of keeping it that way
My husband and I shared a sucessful marriage. full of , memories, challenges, tears, hugs and tons of love, He was with me til he rested in 2006. We all miss him a great deal,
This, I am sad to say is where my emotional eating stems from,,,From missing him, I eat to replace grief with comfort.
But comfort foods do not replace what is gone,,and so through the work and effort of this website I am hopeful that replaceing good and healthy choices will help to calm down the binging and the over eating

Its time to take a new look at myself and others around me,,
I am in high hopes that by the end of the summer, I will be more fit,, more trim and more self assured,,because along with a more fit diet and body comes along an enhanced sense of self -esteem.

Replies

• drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    Welcome to the MFP site... it is great. Many wonderful people are here... welcome to the club. :flowerforyou:

I'm sorry for the passing of your husband but I'm sure he wouldn't have wanted you to minimize your enjoyment of your life with your children and grandbabies. Enjoy life and hang in there for a healthier future! :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • BlueLikeJazz
    BlueLikeJazz Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Welcome Arlene! This is indeed a great site, there is so much information and support and so many new friends to be made. :) In some ways I can't believe it's free!

I'm sorry to hear about your husband, but happy to hear that you have so many great memories of him. I, too, am an emotional eater and it's a hard habit to break but no where close to impossible. Simply being mindful of that fact that you do it is a great step towards getting emotional eating out of your life.

I wish you the best!
  • arleneboles
    Options
    Well thank you,,
    It is so encouraging to meet those others that are in the same boat of trying to lose weight,,
    Why is it we never see each other, if we are all in the same boat?? ,, LOL

thank you for the kind words,,
    Good luck to you as well,,
    Arlene