Excercise Benefits Beyond The Burn

Options
The calorie burn is what motivates most of us to get our exercise in, but I have quickly discovered two added benefits.
Firstly, it makes me want water! It also seems to have been a godsend in minimizing my night sweats, so I am getting a much better night's sleep.
Both great benefits to my overall health.

Surely there are MORE. Anybody else experiencing positive benefits from exercise aside from the obvious calorie burn?
Let's hear about them!

( I DO know how to spell exercise, just not always how to type it :tongue: )

Replies

• dasmith01
    dasmith01 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I agree- definitely sleep better!
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    I third the better sleep...

Also, I am in a much better mood!!! Exercise totally improves my mood!! So, it has wonderful psychological effects!!

Confidence... I find when I am kicking butt at the gym, I have much more confidence in other areas of my life as well!!

That's just off the top of my head... There are many, many more:happy:
  • mkeilbach
    Options
    Lots of benefits - I sleep better, I can keep up with my three kids, I seem more organized, I actually don't think I need as much sleep and the best of all - my sex drive is awesome :):smooched:
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    Lots of benefits - I sleep better, I can keep up with my three kids, I seem more organized, I actually don't think I need as much sleep and the best of all - my sex drive is awesome :):smooched:

What more can you ask for? :tongue:
  • RentThisSpace
    RentThisSpace Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    The endorphins released while exercising definitely improve my mood, and keep me much happier all day. I feel just generally "better" when I'm consistently working out. I always sleep better (as mentioned), and drink water all day, which has become a good habit for me through out the day. Also, I find I'm hungrier more often as my metabolism is increased from working out, meaning I eat more often throughout the day, but discipline myself by eating small portions. This is, of course, is also good for metabolism, which makes it easier to work out.

It's a huge snowball effect; once you get started, the positive benefits just keep getting better!
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    I third the better sleep...

Also, I am in a much better mood!!! Exercise totally improves my mood!! So, it has wonderful psychological effects!!

Confidence... I find when I am kicking butt at the gym, I have much more confidence in other areas of my life as well!!

That's just off the top of my head... There are many, many more:happy:

I am already feeling the better mood and the confidence thing myself. It's about so much more than the weight ,the calories, and the numbers. A million and one reasons to get your exercise.. well, we at least have a half dozen or so, and they are big ones!