Need Support - anybody over 45 out there??

Options
Hi i'm 52 and looking to loose this weight ive gained over the years. I'm a Mother of 3 and grandparent of 9. i desire to be able to play with my grand babies and need support on my journey to loose this weight. I'm looking for mfp friends to encourage me on staying motivated. Thank you

Replies

• FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Hi i'm 52 and looking to loose this weight ive gained over the years. I'm a Mother of 3 and grandparent of 9. i desire to be able to play with my grand babies and need support on my journey to loose this weight. I'm looking for mfp friends to encourage me on staying motivated. Thank you
    I'm fifty-one, married and an empty nester (my daughter has moved out).
    Add me if you wish. I've lost 27 lbs. in a little over 2 months. 13 lbs. to go.
  • JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I'm 60..add me if you like!
  • murdie
    murdie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm 58 and I have lost over 100 pounds! Add me, i"d be glad to provide support etc!
  • CentralCal559
    Options
    Be glad to support you on your journey to the "new you". Yup, I'm over 45 and realized I needed to get some strength to play with my youngest granddaughter (5 yrs old).
  • heather_ha
    heather_ha Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well. I'm 56, and like you, want to spend quality time with my family and grand kids.
  • MelodyBronson
    MelodyBronson Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 53...and I have lots of weight to lose! It's a big struggle for me and I have to take it one day at a time! I have 3 kids with 2 grandkids...I raise one of the grandkids, a granddaughter who is 7...tough raising kids at my age, but I have to look at it as God as blessed me...and I take this "One day at at time too"!.....I will certainly be your friend and help you with this weigh loss journey.
  • AliceNov2011
    AliceNov2011 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I'm 54 and have lost 54 pounds in 10 months on healthy eating (and cooking!) alone. NO DIET OR FAKE FOOD! LOL!

Feel free to add me. My "team" shares recipes, menu ideas, do's and don'ts... that sort of thing... and we're all in that special age range. ;c)
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options

Never give up. I'm almost 52 here's my full story --> http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/740340-i-lost-60-lbs-at-age-51-anyone-can-any-workout

and something I wrote up yesterday with new pics --> http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/752246-i-m-afraid-to-try-an-new-weight-lifting-program-now

I'm living my dream!
  • peterdt
    peterdt Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    go to community tab, then find members button.

this link might work for you: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/user/search

you can search for woman aged 45-55 who have 100+ pounds to lose for example using that link or my directions. or you can search for 20 something young hot boys no weight to lose if that tickles your fancy. :)

good luck!

you can friend me if you like.
  • queenofgracey
    Options
    I'm 44 but would still love to be friends on here. I am also a grandmother of the cutest little 4yr old boy. He stays with me during the day and we just play all day long. He wears me out most days, so I do feel your pain. I started out weighing 220lbs and I am now at 178lbs, working my way to 150lbs. Feel free to add me and we can all do this together. Hope you have a Blessed day!!!
  • KateHurlahe
    Options
    I'm 50, have two step-kids at home, work full time and just started using this site/app.

I started eating like a normal person in January and have lost 40 pounds so far - would like to lose another 40.

My daughter and I joined a gym this week (FitZone) and I've been doing the curcuit x 2 then finishing up with 30 minutes of cardio.

Here's to all of us on the journey to health! Whether it's to be around for your grandchildren or just get more out of life I think as long as you keep in mind that you didn't gain the weight overnight - so losing it will be a process too!

Good luck!
  • CollieDebbie
    CollieDebbie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 57. Friend me if you want and we'll watch out for each other!
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I'm not 45 or older, but you're more than welcome to add me.
  • nesbittjohn
    nesbittjohn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. I'm 50 and I've lost 50 pounds. Myfitnesspal and supportive friends got me to my goal weight!
  • Alicia7519
    Options
    I am 54. Feel free to add me. :)
  • eytzen1
    Options
    Hi there, I saw you have had great results. I am dumbfounded. I joined about a month ago and had a good 1st week. I do 1500 cals and usually don't use them all. I exercise at the gym 3-4 days a week. Treadmill 30 mins., eliptical 15 mins. nautilus, free weights, crunches. Plus I walk my dog about 30-45 minutes almost every night. Why then am I NOT losing weight ?? I drink water, I take my vitamins.....I see people like you who say "I've lost 100 pounds and wonder why can't I lose the 40 I need to ??? Got any input or advise, I'm feeling a bit discouraged !
    Thanks,
    Jo
  • Katydone
    Options
    I'm 56...You can add me as a friend...I have diabetes type 2 so have to restrict carbs. I live in Iowa. Kate
  • karotladee
    karotladee Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Any of you can add me!
    I'm 53 & my weight still bounces back & forth. It's so much harder to lose when I'm dealing w/pre-meno symptoms
  • AliceNov2011
    AliceNov2011 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I'm 54, have lost 53 pounds in 10 months, and am committed to cooking (and eating) delicious, healthy food (no "diet" or "fake" food). If you'd like to share menu ideas and whatnot, feel free to add me. Cheers!