Alcoholic libations

Options
I was hoping to solicit some advice on what adult beverages might be more caloricaly conscious... I for one have never really thought much about it, I know Guinness is surprisingly low in Calories and that there are 65 calorie beers now... But from a mixed drink perspective does anyone have any low calorie options.

My liver and I very much appreciate your insights.

Replies

• Deweypc20
    Deweypc20 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Many people do bacardi and diet to avoid carbs and calories. I think bacardi has like 97 cals per 1.5oz serving?
  • karadirosa
    karadirosa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey there-

I googled this as well and the best drink that I have come up with is mixing Diet Ginger Ale or Diet Cranberry Ginger Ale with vodka. Add a twist of lime and it's really quite good. You can also use diet tonic water if you dont like the sweetness of the ginger ale. For the most part the clear liqors are lower in calories. I've heard you can do a lower cal Mojito by using Splenda intead of sugar but I haven't tried it.
    I had to say good bye to my Jagerbombs until I hit my goal weight so I can sympathize!

Good luck!
    Kara
  • FitChickBritt
    FitChickBritt Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I like to drink Vodka with Soda water with 2 squeezed limes. It's about 70 calories per drink (If they put one ounce in it). Flavored rum or vodka is also really good with soda water and lime.
  • mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I also do a lot with diet coke...I couldn't tell you what liquors are low cal but i make sure to pair it with diet coke! It's better than my 900 calorie margarita!
  • kingking
    kingking Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Red wine is about 500 calories...per bottle. Works out to 125 calories per glass. I've been able to keep under my calorie goal and still enjoy 2-3 glasses a night. My doctor raises his eyebrows at the choice to forgo some food in order to indulge these drinks, but he's happy with the results so far.
  • EmilyStrick
    Options
    I like to drink Vodka with Soda water with 2 squeezed limes. It's about 70 calories per drink (If they put one ounce in it). Flavored rum or vodka is also really good with soda water and lime.

agreed!
  • DPBrown0818
    Options
    Wow that was fast! I love this site more daily...
    Thanks for all of suggestions bringing new light to the term responsible drinking :)
  • egust01
    Options
    Bacardi Limon and water is my go to drink when I am out now. It tastes just like water with lemon, and is very low in calories (about 60 cal for a normal sized drink- no doubles).

I have to say- I'm definitely not an alcoholic, but I enjoy my drinks on the weekends. I'm reassured to see others who are wondering about this as well. Any other options for those of us who need happy hour on Fridays?? ..and Saturdays..?
  • LCreutz
    LCreutz Posts: 17 Member
    Options

This is my favorite!
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    champagne or prosecco or cava is only 90-100 cals per glass
    My fave!
  • browndog45
    Options
    stay away from soda and juice with drinks. whatever u like with soda water and a lime or lemon best for that. Or just straight old scoth or whisky. other than that Guinness is the way to go and have a soda water and cranberry after every two. Gd luck
  • sphinctress
    sphinctress Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Red wine is about 500 calories...per bottle. Works out to 125 calories per glass. I've been able to keep under my calorie goal and still enjoy 2-3 glasses a night. My doctor raises his eyebrows at the choice to forgo some food in order to indulge these drinks, but he's happy with the results so far.

HA!HA!HA! I have done and still do the same thing~!!!
    Personally, I just look up what I like to drink and plan accordingly. Thus far, I have not really deprived myself of anything that I like... maybe I'll only have a Tbs of mac and cheese, or a single square of dark chocolate, but I have it none the less... same goes for my ETOH! I love red wine and certain beers, so I do some extra cardio and decrease my caloric intake to accommodate the nights I want to indulge in that!

: )