TOM = craving overload

Options
Why, oh why, does my TOM make me crave so much salty goodness?? I am craving Wendy's or Chinese for dinner so much, but I'm going to tryyyyy to be good. I have homemade pizza and hamburgers in my freezer that aren't diet-killing that I can heat up.
But man... I know my Chinese place has really good steamed chicken and veggies, but I have NO idea what the nutrition content for that is. It doesn't come with sauce on it, but on the side.
Does anybody have any idea what nutrition would be like for chicken and steamed veggies (broccoli, carrots, baby corn, water chestnuts, pea pods, and mushrooms) and what a serving size would be??

Replies

• snrinderle
    Options
    steamed veggies are the best thing you can order chinese....look it up, go to food up on the top tab, type in chinese food, there are lots of options...with chincken, with sauce, just the veggies with chicken...for protien, is only like 120 callories for a 1 cup serving, and 20 grams of protien. You might as well have it or you will splurge later on something WAY worse for you. It's good you like the healthy stuff.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    My fav. Chinese restaurant has a good menu, like that too. I haven't been in a long time but the last time I went I got the steamed chicken & veggies with sauce on the side & no MSG. It really seemed like the food was cooked without oil or spices and I felt comfortable logging it as I would log chicken & veggies I steamed myself. You can eat a lot of chicken & veggies for 200 calories (6oz chicken, and probably a good 1.5 cups of veggies). Then you add the rice (if you can order brown rice it's better for you) at about 200 calories per cup & estimate the sauce (I'd log it as teriyaki sauce or something. I never put the sauce on my food, I just dip my fork in it & then grab a big bite of the chicken & veggies -- just like you'd do with salad with dressing on the side. You'll be amazed at how much sauce is left in the container when you're finished!