10k anyone???

Is anyone able to do a 5k in oh a decent amount of time and trying to work up to a 10K??

Replies

• AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    I don't know abotu a decent amount of time lol as I am a slow slow runner but I just finished the C25K today and am starting a training program for a 10K, yes :)
  • dan323
    dan323 Posts: 271 Member
    I wouldn't worry about the time. Focus on finishing the race. That's more rewarding then a few minutes one way or the other.
  • I am not a fast runner but am training for my first 10k on Thanksgiving. I have completed 4 - 5k's this summer and felt ready to increase my distance.
  • fefe0201
    fefe0201 Posts: 49 Member
    I Started running in July, this was the first time I could breathe properly after having bronchitis!
    Back then I was doing 5k in 45 minutes, I am now down to 28 mins 30 seconds VERY happy with my time
    I done my first 10k a couple weeks ago and got a time of 66 mins 50 seconds
    Again VERY happy with this time, hoping to get it down,
    I found once i got a fast enough time on my 5k, i started to loose interest until my friend said to set a new goal,
    so i set the 10k, and i done it the first night i tried it, I found once I was past 5k the rest was a doddle!! you should just go for it and see.
  • spaceEF
    spaceEF Posts: 142 Member
    Thanks everyone.... I can finish a 5K in oh 35 minutes or so, but I want to get down to 30 minutes for my next one in November, but next year I want to work up to a 10K, so just seeing how anyone else transitioned to double the distance :) I suppose I don't care too much how long the 10K takes me to do....yet. But I would like to finish it for sure. I'm using a running APP for now for the 10K, so hopefully that helps me.
  • spaceEF
    spaceEF Posts: 142 Member
    I don't know abotu a decent amount of time lol as I am a slow slow runner but I just finished the C25K today and am starting a training program for a 10K, yes :)

WOOHOO! Congrats on getting the 5K under your belt. Don't know if you want to buddy up for training for a 10K, I don't know anyone else that is trying to do one! I know someone training for a half-marathon, but they don't plan on running that the whole time :tongue:
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    I completed my first 5K in under 29 mins and then did a 10K a week later in under 59 mins. Races have a different amotsphere and really push you. I was surprised/happy with my results and hope to improve in the next year. I'm training for a 1/2 marathon and just started running this year. I started with C25K, moved right into the Bridge to 10K that was 6 weeks long and have been doing my training 1/2 program for 7 weeks. Keep running and you'll get up there!