I need Tailgating recipes!

Options
So here's the deal. I do GREAT following my caloric intake for the week. But, I am your typical southern girl and LOVE me some football! Football means tailgating and tailgating means tons of delicious foods that would undo my weekly progress in one bite.

I need help! I am looking for some healthy, lower calorie tailgating foods that I can take with me so I am not tempted with burgers, brats, dips, cookies, chex mix.... -drools-

I know there is the typical veggie tray, fruit tray, salsa and pita...etc. But those are BORING! Besides, the last thing I want is to be chomping on a celery stick and someone come up and ask me if I am on a diet. :mad:

So...any suggestions? Pretty Please with splenda on top?

Replies

• pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,589 Member
    Options
    You should totally check out www.skinnytaste.com or www.hungry-girl.com. They both have recipes that I use for parties, cook outs and football watching in our house. :drinker:
  • tiguer
    tiguer Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    If I'm tailgating at the game- I go all out and just enjoy the day. (Which I will be doing in Green Bay on Sunday, GO PACK!) ((THANK GOD the refs are back!!!))

So DISCLAIMER this is not.at.all. MFP approved!

We will be enjoying Beer Cheese Soup, infused with brats...with several beer chasers...and more brats on the side. To get my veggies in, I'll stop at the sideline bar on the way in to the stadium for a bloody mary.

http://www.recipe.com/brats-and-beer-cheddar-chowder/
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Here's a couple of ideas. Just swap some of your favs with a lower cal version!

http://www.produceforkids.com/healthy_eating/all_about_nutrition/seasonal_cooking/healthy-game-day-snacks.html
  • marthathebear
    Options
    Here's a black bean dip with a little kick and not bad on calories, especially if you use veggies instead of chips.

19 oz can of black beans drained and rinsed
    3/4 cup hot salsa
    1 clove garlic
    3 tbsp lite mayo
    2 tbsp chopped cilantro
    1/2 tsp salt

all ingredients go into the blender or food processor until not quite smooth, you will have to scrape down the sides once or twice during the process

top with a sprinkle of shredded Monterrey Jack or Cheddar

you can use tortilla chips or veggies for dipping
  • trudob
    trudob Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You should totally check out www.skinnytaste.com or www.hungry-girl.com. They both have recipes that I use for parties, cook outs and football watching in our house. :drinker:

Omgsh those websites are amazing! I will defiantly be cooking some things from them! Thankyou
  • ScubaAmyMN
    ScubaAmyMN Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Last weekend for tailgating, I made pumpkin cupcakes and then used a little stencil on the top with powdered sugar for the letter of my team (I just cut the stencil out of cardboard). Buy a Duncan Hines or Betty Crocker Spice cake mix, and instead of the eggs and oil and water, put it a can of pumpkin (I had to add a couple tablespoons of water too, because it was too thick). Then follow the instructions on the box. They were festive for the game, a fun fall treat, and not too high in calories.
  • Colli78
    Colli78 Posts: 135
    Options
    Excellent! Thanks for the ideas y'all!
  • Colli78
    Colli78 Posts: 135
    Options
    If I'm tailgating at the game- I go all out and just enjoy the day. (Which I will be doing in Green Bay on Sunday, GO PACK!) ((THANK GOD the refs are back!!!))

So DISCLAIMER this is not.at.all. MFP approved!

We will be enjoying Beer Cheese Soup, infused with brats...with several beer chasers...and more brats on the side. To get my veggies in, I'll stop at the sideline bar on the way in to the stadium for a bloody mary.

http://www.recipe.com/brats-and-beer-cheddar-chowder/

I think we could quite possibly be soul mates. That sounds so freaking good I literally started drooling at my desk!
  • beesknees47
    beesknees47 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    What a beautiful website for low fat recipes. Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    Bump