............When do you weigh yourself..........?

Options
Hi All,

I'm sure this topic has been touched on before, BUT, I was wondering when you find is the most "accurate" time to weigh yourself?

For me, I haven't figured it out yet!! It's become quite confusing actually, but primarily I just try to stay consistent.
For example, I usually go to the gym after work (around 8 or 9pm) and weigh myself BEFORE working out. I've found that I usually weigh about 5 lbs less AFTER a workout (so I don't record this). And I weighed myself one morning before an early workout and I had lost like 10 lbs since my nightly weigh 3 days before......in reality, I had lost 4 lbs......and I drink a lot of water (12-13 cups a day) so I think this may have had something to do with it, but it was baffling.

What do you think? And, what is your personal system?

Replies

• AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Every Saturday morning.. not exact time, but anywhere between 4am-11am.. :)
  • klacount77
    klacount77 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    honestly, consistency is the key. I weight myself every morning, after going pee and before my shower. I know people will say every morning is too often, but I find that weighing myself at the same time, with similar circumstances every day makes the scale a bit more accurate. It never fluctuates a lot from day to day, for 7 weeks it stayed EXACTLY the same ...

I think finding a time and sticking to weighing yourself at that time on your weigh in schedule is best.
  • beekuzz
    beekuzz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Every morning. Get up, pee, strip, weigh. Done. :drinker:
  • mvatrail
    Options
    Everyday, 6 am - Journal my weight - have done so for years .
  • Jessie544
    Jessie544 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Every morning after I pee... I don't record my weight on here everyday though... MFP weigh in is Mondays... keeps me accountable through the weekend!
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Mine is every Monday morning before I eat breakfast.

Your weight can fluctuate from day to day, so I don't recommend weighing daily, but if you really feel that you need to do it more than once a week, I wouldn't do more than twice. Say...Wednesday and Sunday for example. The key is though, consistency.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    Options
    Twice a week on my days off... usually Monday and Saturday. I wake up early, usually between 5:30A-7A. I have a process. I pee. Make a fresh fruit and juice smoothie. Wait about a half hour. Poop. Then weigh myself.
  • bebbabee
    bebbabee Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a good system! I try to do that also, either by keeping it every Tuesday or every Thursday, and I only weigh myself at the gym. So then I HAVE to go to the gym if I want to know how much I weight, and then I have to workout since I'm already there of course. :P
  • tmtorres31
    Options
    I don't weigh daily, but when I do it is right after I wake up after I pee. I call it my post pee, pre breakfast , naked weigh in.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options

In the same spot as well.

Not the same spot as beekuzz (that would be weird). My scale is in the same spot when I weigh every morning.
  • SylvieThredds
    Options
    Roughly weekly.
    Always in the same clothes (my nightdress), before breakfast, and after a visit to the bathroom.
    I'm looking for the most encouraging result and I figure that's the time I weigh my lowest.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I weigh randomly throughout the week, but my "official" weigh-in is on a Friday or Saturday morning, nekkid, before breakfast and after pooping. :laugh:
  • marthathebear
    Options
    every Sat and Wed, after bathroom before coffee
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    There is no time of day that is more accurate. Consistency is the key. As long as you weigh under the same circumstances, the ups and downs are accurate. You will never know exactly what you weigh because it's different every moment depending on what you are eating and drinking and what you are doing to exercise. I weigh like several others here first thing in the morning after I empty my bladder. I weigh every day, but only "weigh in" weekly, my Sunday morning weight, because that's when I begin my week, at least in my head.
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options

Ditto!
  • Tappanga
    Options
    honestly, consistency is the key. I weight myself every morning, after going pee and before my shower. I know people will say every morning is too often, but I find that weighing myself at the same time, with similar circumstances every day makes the scale a bit more accurate. It never fluctuates a lot from day to day, for 7 weeks it stayed EXACTLY the same ...

I think finding a time and sticking to weighing yourself at that time on your weigh in schedule is best.

^^^ This.
  • Dawna954
    Dawna954 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Every Monday morning after I pee and before I shower. Sometimes I do quick checks through the week but I try to log on Mondays.
  • Tiffikat
    Options
    Every morning after I pee and before I get dressed. However, I only count it on Fridays. Every other day I use it as a guide to see if things are going in the direction I want. If I'm gaining then I adjust. If I'm losing I stay the course.
  • tuc70013
    Options
    Once every ten days to see big results :D
  • MizKittyB
    MizKittyB Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I tend to weigh in each morning after a similar morning 'routine' as others (not wearing a stitch, and an empty bladder) - I only record the Friday morning weight. I find that the morning check tends to give me a better idea of my progress, and if something the day before is creating problems "down the line," so to speak. (It also gives me the data to take an average of the week if Friday morning is unusually high, so I can still get an idea of where I am overall.)

But then, I like having a lot of data to work with.

(I also take measurements about once a month-ish, but since I'm looking at those last 5-10 pounds to my goal weight range, they're not changing much, either.)