What is the best butt exercise?

Options
I started using the treadmill on an incline setting of 10.0... I seem to feel it more in my butt.
It seems I am slowly getting a bit smaller but my butt isn't going anywhere!
I cannot lose weight and NOT get rid of this azzzzzzzzz..... HELP!

Replies

• wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Barbell squats, glute-ham raises.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    What Wellbert said. Weight lifting. It's amazing for the tush.

Time, patience and an appropriate calorie deficit, too.
  • savlov30
    savlov30 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Brazil Butt Lift. I did that workout and I had a great results. If you like more information or if you like me to send you a video. message me. I am about to do a Brazil Butt Lift Master video challenge group starting Oct 28th if you like to join.

Julianne
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Squats and lunges, weighted if possible.
  • jeepwidow01
    Options
    Due to a knee injury, my dr has told me that I can't do squats and lunges. What can I do for my backside in that case? :-(
  • Off10h8ed
    Off10h8ed Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Thanks all!

I can do the squats and lunges weighted!

Am interested in the video also. :)
  • Demmuscles
    Demmuscles Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Psst. Search butt bible on youtube ;)
  • darjeff
    darjeff Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yes, squats and lunges and stairs .. oh my! :)
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    squats and lunges!!!
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I agree with others. I also like butt-ups...as they used to call them in high school. Lay flat on your back with knees bent/ffeet flat on the ground. Keep arms by your side and raise your butt in the air. Also awesome to have a medicine ball in between the knees while raising the butt.
  • m13sam2012
    Options
    Squats and lunges
  • amtru2015
    amtru2015 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Due to a knee injury, my dr has told me that I can't do squats and lunges. What can I do for my backside in that case? :-(

look up the Spark People butt blaster on you tube---killer!! and no squats or lunges...
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I just started using the glute machine at the gym today. BOY, was that tough. Just showed me how much I have been neglecting my butt. :)
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Dance - especially Ballet. Lots of magazines/websites also give ballet barre moves you can do to help the butt.
  • aussie_nic_getting_fit
    Options
    squats and lunges!
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options

If you go to a gym, you can use the elliptical machine and up the incline until you feel it in your glutes. Ellipticals also tend to be easier on the knees.
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Weighted squats. It's done wonders for my behind. I squat once a week as heavy as I can and my bottom is sore for the entire week.
  • happypath101
    Options
    I've been doing the Jillian Michaels videos (30 day shred, extreme shed and shred). She has lots of squats and lunges. There are some leg lifts I totally feel in my butt. Anyway, I have a new muscle in my butt cheeks that was not there before I started. My bf called me "buns of steel" the other day. You might wanna try some Jillian Michaels. :)D
  • kimr41
    kimr41 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I agree with others. I also like butt-ups...as they used to call them in high school. Lay flat on your back with knees bent/ffeet flat on the ground. Keep arms by your side and raise your butt in the air. Also awesome to have a medicine ball in between the knees while raising the butt.
    Do a lot of these in Butt Bible. Squats & lunges. I hate lunges, would love to find no lunges
  • Clumz27
    Clumz27 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not, I do the Denise Austin butt exercises. "Squeeze. Release. SQueeeeze. Release." Haha.. My *kitten* is getting firmer already! That and some kettlebell swings. ;-)