Punch me in the face

Options
I put down that I wanted to lose 1 1/2 lbs a week so I'm suppose to have 1,220 calories a day. I was doing great all day with 400 or so calories left for dinner. Then some lady was passing out free Chipotle burritos....
I didn't think it'd be that bad but I looked it up and it said it was like 992 calories! I hate my life!
Did I just ruin my life!?!?! :'(
how many miles do I have to run tonight to burn that off?

Replies

• Tryntalose80
    Options
    Don't stress about one meal...you could go ahead and spend a couple of hours (the time actually depends on your weight and the exercise you're doing) working it off, or you could count this as your cheat day for the week and move on. Don't stress over one bad meal or bad day. The important thing is not to deprive yourself. It's not about dieting, it's about eating better...healthier. Just don't kill yourself trying to work it off. No matter how you handle the indiscretion of one little burrito, as long as it doesn't cause you to completely derail what you're working towards, all will be well! :wink:
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    It was one meal. An extra 592 calories than you planned. Since a pound is about 3500 calories, that extra 592 won't make a difference long-term.

No worries. Now you know how much is in that burrito and if you ever want one again, you can plan out the calories for it.
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    If it was some kind of baked good I'd probably have passed it up...

...but it was a BURRITO!!!..and chipotle!! ..I say its worth it, just get back on track tomorrow and make that your "one cheat" for this week.

If you "work it off" today it will be a guilt work out, not a "feelgood" workout. Don't punish yourself :)
  • WeightLossKing
    Options
    Who has passed up mystery Mexican food in the beginning raise your hands?....( No hands raised :p) Depending on weight, you would have to walk apprx. 2 hours at 3.0 mph to burn 545 calories...that's 6 miles!! That's a bit extreme for a tiny mistake so don't punish yourself. From one human to the next, you'll make mistakes...Just chalk this up to lesson learned and stay away from mystery foods in the future :)

4425128.png
  • kddruckenmiller
    kddruckenmiller Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I don't know but the name of this topic made me laugh. Dude, it's Chipotle, next to impossible to pass up. Workout if you feel like it but don't kill yourself over it.
  • swagoner94
    swagoner94 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    thanks people! I ran 3 miles tonight. Not because the burrito... well the last mile was kind of for the burrito haha but the first two weren't! I didn't eat after that burrito so even though I went over, I don't feel too terrible. I'll be right back on it tomorrow.
  • venushunter
    Options
    I love everyone's responses to this, what a great community.

Bad days happen, but so do good days :) x