Protein

Options
Is it aweful to eat more protein than what mfp has assigned for me. I am really trying to understand this.

Replies

• luke_863413
    Options
    No.
  • acureese
    acureese Posts: 169
    Options
    No, I always go over. I usually have 1-1.8 g/kg of body weight (1.8= when I"m into a lot of lifting/athletics), which is what's usually recommended. :)
  • ScarletTarah
    ScarletTarah Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Thats a question i was wondering myself i am always way over that and sugar.
  • byHisgrace
    Options
    You can change your settings to have them reflect what you are personally trying to do. I have mine at 25/25/50 for fat/carbs/protein because I am doing South Beach. It's not bad to go over, but it might be more helpful for you to set it where you'd like it.
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I try to follow but don't beat myself up if I don't make it. I use them more as a guideline on how to change things and adjust than to adhere strictly everyday. Example.....if I find myself always going over on protein and short on carbs I look at what I am eating and see if I can make changes to match up a little closer.

But on the flip side if I feel like haiving tuna twice in one day just because I am craving it - I do it even though I know it will most likely throw me over on protein.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    MFP is pretty low in it's standard protein assignment. I generally recomend people go up to about 20% if they are doing any exercising at all. 16% is pretty much for sedentary people who don't exercise and even then that's on the low end of the spectrum.
  • Sassy88
    Sassy88 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I was having that same issue! I'm Glad it's not just me!
  • tmwebb
    tmwebb Posts: 21
    Options
    Thanks everybody. I know Im asking quite a few questions but I beleive the only stupid question is the one you don't ask. So I hope you all don't mind. Thanks Again
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody. I know Im asking quite a few questions but I beleive the only stupid question is the one you don't ask. So I hope you all don't mind. Thanks Again

Oh I don't know, I've asked some pretty dumb questions in my day! :ohwell: