Can You Gain 4 lbs Over Night???

Options
2»

Replies

• ktmmom189
    ktmmom189 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    You ate almost 4,000mg of sodium. That's twice what is recommended for any human. You are retaining water weight.

^^^This

Definitely this.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Obviously you did gain the weight if that's what the scale says. It's probably water weight, or if it's close to that time of month, bloating--same thing. You wouldn't gain that much fat unless you ate over 10,000 calories.
  • fromfattofine
    fromfattofine Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Omg, I did the same thing this week. I gained 4lbs seemingly overnight. I hope it's just water weight cause I'm almost ready to give this weight loss journey up. It's so disappointing sometimes.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    yes you can.....but it will be water retention and will go away quite quickly.
  • Kairunz
    Options
    It's just water retention don't worry about it:)
    Just going a few days back in your diary and I see you have alot of sodium you should try really hard to bring this down.

Take care
  • LilJenn510
    LilJenn510 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Solution to water retention = Less Salt/ More water! Water is a natural diuretic. "Water weight" doesn't come from drinking too much water, it comes from having high sodium levels in your body. When sodium is high your body holds on to the water it has.. Easy solution, dilute the sodium... drink lots of water!
  • Inebriated
    Options
    It's food/water weight. Eating 300 calories over your goal one day won't make you balloon out.
  • djtulppo
    djtulppo Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    No.. unless again its Water gain. But, its a good practice NOT to weigh yourself everyday for the simple fact that your weight does tip up and down. That is why my Dr. suggested weighing once a week at the same time. Just a suggestion. Don't beat yourself up
    .:love: Deb
  • jkcrawford
    jkcrawford Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    May I suggest stay away from McDonald's, the sodium in their food is outrages.
    I had a buddy burger from A&W today as was shocked that a small burger could have so much sodium in it. And that was without cheese.
    Drink plenty of water which it looks like you are doing, but you need lots to wash that stuff out of your system. Hang in there it will disappear.
  • Jbearbarnes
    Jbearbarnes Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    check for yourself, but I believe that the burger had even more sodium than fries? I try to avoid any packaged stuff because of the sodium content.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    def your sodium intake ..its too high
  • Jbearbarnes
    Jbearbarnes Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Your Chef Boy R D had like 6 times the amount of sodium than the fries!!!
  • You are eating too less, not healthy, and LOTS LOTS OF SODIUM my friend!!!
  • sammyjo0402
    sammyjo0402 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Well. Surprisingly I learned something new from this topic. I've been fairly knowledgeable to nutrition but I had yet to read or hear of water retention being directly related to your sodium intake. Makes sense though. Thanks, I'm glad you had your concern so I can learn to watch a few things a little better (: