1 1/4 cups rice cereal
1 1/4 cups bran cereal

1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1/2 liquid honey
1/3 cup corn syrup
1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350
Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
Combine oats, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and coconut in a large shallow baking pan.
Bake in centre of pan for 8-10 minutes or until slightly golden. Remove from oven & cool to room temp.

Transfer to a large bowl. Add raisins, cranberries, flax seeds, sesame seeds & cereals. Stir to blend.
Combine remaining 4 ingredients in a small sauce pan over low heat. Stir to blend. Remove & slightly cool.
Add to ingredients in bowl, stir to blend, add a little more corn syrup to mixture if it isn't blending.
Transfer to cookie sheet, press mixture into an even layer. Cover with plastic wrap & refridgereate until firm.
Cut in 1 1/2 by 1 inch bars with a pizza cutter. Makes about 60 bars.

*for a crispy bar, bake in 350 oven for 12 minutes.*

I also added dried blueberries to the mix, these bars are delish! & will satisfy any sweet tooth! In the evenings when i get snacky, i will have 1-3....and don't feel guilty because they are quite healthy.

per 1 1/2 by 1 inch bar

44 calories
1 gram protein
1.8 grams fat
0 sat. fat, 0 trans fat
7.3 carbs
.6 grams fibre
22 mg sodium

Replies

• Marcy79
    Marcy79 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I will be making these next time I go to the grocery store.. thanks for posting!!
  • parvati
    parvati Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Oh i forgot to mention, i bought everything in the bulk section... I am pretty sure it is cheaper that way, but also the only way you can get the "raw" nuts and seeds!

It is soooo good, it really helped me get over the first few weeks when my system was in shock from lack of sugar....lol

My husband quit eating them & when i asked why, he said they tasted too good, they must not be healthy....lol
  • missyannb85
    Options
    Just wanted to Tag this, thanks!!!
  • bjcalling
    Options
    BUMPITY BUMP!
  • ksnowras
    ksnowras Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    bumping
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Bump! These sound divine.
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Bump!

But I have to ask.....why are they called "no bake" when you bake them? :wink:
  • ej223
    ej223 Posts: 20
    Options
    bump