27 lbs by Christmas is it doable?

Options
Been working at 1200 calories a day and 4 workouts a week not seeing fast results Just trying to stay positive

Replies

• drfalktorres
    drfalktorres Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's doable. That's close to my goal too!
  • feltlikesound
    feltlikesound Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    People may be able to be more informative if you provided your starting weight, height, gender.
  • oker673
    oker673 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Been working at 1200 calories a day and 4 workouts a week not seeing fast results Just trying to stay positive

How long have you been exercising and at what intensity? I know that a few people on here will wonder your height and weight so that they can figure out your BMR.
  • Serendipityunt
    Serendipityunt Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Someone once told me that you won't see a lot of results in the first month because your body is trying to adjust, but my the second month you'll start seeing more progress. I know that's been my case in the past.

I don't know if losing 27 pounds three months is healthy though... you'd have to go to more drastic, unhealthy measures, though I'm sure you'll get close.
  • Bootjockey
    Bootjockey Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    1200 calories a day may be too much...or not enough. Without any real idea what your real caloric needs are, it's just an arbitrary number...have you thought about have a metabolic test?
  • jenTjenTjenT
    jenTjenTjenT Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Ten-four, absolutely. Unfortunately, telling the inpatient person to simply 'wait for the
    results' is like telling the alcoholic to" just stop drinking." Just remember that tomorrow is just like today, only it hasn't happened yet. But it will.. Just pretend that today is the day that you have already met your goal, and only you are the wiser.
  • Crayvn
    Crayvn Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    check out this group challenge if you think your up for it :p

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/8701-3-months-20-pounds-merry-christmas
  • jenTjenTjenT
    jenTjenTjenT Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    To comment on the 'healthiness' of it all.....My professors have always said 2 pounds a week is healthy. So let's say four weeks a month...that's 8 punds a month...And let's pretend that September is already over just for good measure...that's 3 months until Christmas, 24 pounds...plus or minus water weight....I'd say you're good to go!!!
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I have had lots of plateaus and set backs during my weight loss, but if you stayed 100% on track, i think your goal should be doable.