controling my calories intake, "Im out of control"

Options
Hi im Ms Pie, and Im losing control.....yesterday I was feeling down on myself because I wasnt seeing my results and I work out hard 4 times a week with classes and strength. So while having a pity party with myself, I ate up over 2100 calories of high fat things,I feel terrible. I clearly think I have a problem, when I feel down I eat. Im on my way to the gym after not working out for two days, do you think any of those calories could be worked off today, with a hour of zumba and 30 min on treadmill?

I know workin out and eating right go hand and hand, my will power is weak, any suggestions, I dont want to feel like im wasting my times at the gym and still eating bad which that is what im doing. I think about this 24 hours a day, research, read things, but my body is still puffy,so when the pity party wants to party again, I dont want to turn to food.

Replies

• mspie2012
    Options
    Hi im Ms Pie, and Im losing control.....yesterday I was feeling down on myself because I wasnt seeing my results and I work out hard 4 times a week with classes and strength. So while having a pity party with myself, I ate up over 2100 calories of high fat things,I feel terrible. I clearly think I have a problem, when I feel down I eat. Im on my way to the gym after not working out for two days, do you think any of those calories could be worked off today, with a hour of zumba and 30 min on treadmill?

I know workin out and eating right go hand and hand, my will power is weak, any suggestions, I dont want to feel like im wasting my times at the gym and still eating bad which that is what im doing. I think about this 24 hours a day, research, read things, but my body is still puffy,so when the pity party wants to party again, I dont want to turn to food.
  • 20tolosethisyear
    Options
    Oh my gosh, I know how you are feeling. I am right there with you. Just spent the last couple days scarfing down any bad food I could find in the house because I'm emotionally down. And I can't exercise because I've got a bad chest cold. Hang in there and know you are not alone; I think a lot of women deal with the same thing on a monthly basis. Please add me as a friend if you'd like.
  • 2chubby4now
    2chubby4now Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. I too do this. The best advice I have been given is to pick yourself up (which it sounds like you are doing) and keep going. Even at the very next meal. Eventually new habits form. Having support on here to lean on helps. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like.
  • greatdanebabies
    Options
    I have been feeling out of control. I'm not over eating yet but I am so close to giving up to a healthy way. I feel like I'm not getting anywhere. I have been exercising 6 days a week and since my first week nothing. Ya I'll grant you I'm only on week 3 but it feels like week 100. I also have been researching and spending all my time consumed with reading and researching healthy ways of this and that. Looking for new and more exercises to add. I made more changes tonight on the food end and if I don't start making progress soon I see myself going for some Chinese food and forgetting this exercise. I so don't want to do that. Just frustrating!
  • wannabe1959
    wannabe1959 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am out of control too. I had sugery on my achilles tendon 3 weeks ago and have been assigned to the couch with crutches to get around. I am so bored and ,yes, depressed, and lonely I guess. I tell myself everyday that I cant eat very much because Im am not even using my body at all. but then I eat everything I can find. I just hope I dont gain 20 lbs before I can walk again.
  • kyzalie
    Options
    We all fall off the wagon from time to time. You just need to get on it. Greatdanebabi, you need to keep at it. Don't give up. We're all here because we want to change, and change takes a long long time. So you can't focus on the number - you need to focus on the fact that your body won't be in as much pain, your heart will be better, you will feel better. You have to fight the belief that you are out of control. It's your body, you control it.

Oh! And the number one thing that helps motivate me is the Tumblr blog called Weight Loss Before and Afters. It's just heaps of pictures of people who have lost weight. If other people can do it, so can we.
  • Smurfette1987
    Smurfette1987 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I understand completely. The best way I have learnt to look at it is that "control" and denial around food don't help when you eat emotionally. Forgive youself, don't try to "make up for it" in exercise etc when you slip, or reduce intake further the next day, just carry on, small meals and often, try to eat every three hours or so even if you aren't hungry. Hunger, emotional stress, breaking dietary rules = binges for me. Combine that with negative thinking and an all or nothing response (oh well, I've had one cookie, might as well eat the pack) just lead to a vicious cycle. The fact is, we can't completely control our bodies, just like we can't control most things in life and if you beat yourself up, don't eat enough or try and make up for it, at the first adverse event we are telling ourselves we are worthless and reaching for the pies! and the more you deny yourself, the more likely you are to "go out of control" and break rules. There is a T.V show on in the U.k with this brilliant mentalist psychology dude called Derren Brown and he demonstrated how powerful negative suggestion is; he put kids in a room with a box, told them whatever they do, don't open the box. They all opened the box! At the end of the show he left a cat lover in a room with a box with a kittne in supposedly rigged up to a button that would give a fatal electric shock to the kitten, told the girl not to press it, used a few suggestive exercises and left her... she still pressed the button. It didn't really kill the cat, but my point is, I find food alot like that; the more I tell myself not to eat chocolate, the more chocolate dominates every thought! Then I erm... eat the chocolate shop! So my philosophy is, no strict rules, sometimes we go over calories, MFP has given plenty of buffer for error, it doesn't have to be exact, make changes you can keep forever and forgive yourself. It's easier said than done, but I keep trying :)
    Each day is a new day, changes take time :) and I'm sorry if that was a completely useless ramble!