tired whats up with that?

Options
i recently started P90X like 4 weeks ago and lately i have been EXTREMELY tired all the time. i will take a nap and get 9+ hours of sleep and i still feel exhausted. I dont have anemia and my thyroid is fine. Does anyone know what could be going on? Is it just as simple as being worn out from lifting and cardio seven days a week?
any suggestions on what to do or what is happening would be greatly appreciated
thanks
anna

Replies

• CyeRyn
    CyeRyn Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough?
  • BossReyes
    BossReyes Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    i recently started P90X like 4 weeks ago and lately i have been EXTREMELY tired all the time. i will take a nap and get 9+ hours of sleep and i still feel exhausted. I dont have anemia and my thyroid is fine. Does anyone know what could be going on? Is it just as simple as being worn out from lifting and cardio seven days a week?
    any suggestions on what to do or what is happening would be greatly appreciated
    thanks
    anna
    Are you eating enough?
  • CyeRyn
    Options

Are you eating enough?
    Hah I am faster than you!
  • jlohcook
    jlohcook Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough?
    Are you eating balanced diet?
    Are you over exercising?
    Are you keeping yourself hydrated?
  • annairene8200
    annairene8200 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i went from 1400 a day to 1800 a day calorie wise and its helped a little bit. im not sure if i am overexercising i feel dead at the end of each workout but i guess i dont know how much is too much.... and yes i drink like 10 to 15 cups of water a day
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    i went from 1400 a day to 1800 a day calorie wise and its helped a little bit. im not sure if i am overexercising i feel dead at the end of each workout but i guess i dont know how much is too much.... and yes i drink like 10 to 15 cups of water a day

How many grams of carbs do you eat a day?
  • CyeRyn
    Options
    It's possible you're over training. Perhaps coming down with something? Any flu/colds going around in your area?
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Are you taking rest days? Your body needs days off to repair itself.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    While I don't think this is a problem for most people, I suffered from chronic fatigue when I started becoming intolerant of gluten. I could barely wake up in the morning. As soon as I stopped, the weirdly-tired-all-the-time feelings stopped. Do you have any food allergies/intolerances?
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    While I don't think this is a problem for most people, I suffered from chronic fatigue when I started becoming intolerant of gluten. I could barely wake up in the morning. As soon as I stopped, the weirdly-tired-all-the-time feelings stopped. Do you have any food allergies/intolerances?

Oooh this is me with lactose
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    enough sleep?

7 days a week with no rest days?

Highly unlike that you are overtraining, just under eating.
  • annairene8200
    Options
    i eat between 150 and 200 grams
  • annairene8200
    Options
    enough sleep?

7 days a week with no rest days?

Highly unlike that you are overtraining, just under eating.

sunday is always a rest day where i just strech but i usually end up going for a 30 min walk/jog

how many calories should i eat in a day?
  • awesomek001
    awesomek001 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I also suffer with this. If you're working out 6 days a week, you need to make sure you get your macro nutrients to allow your body to regenerate. I had promised myself that I would never eat "fake food" - - all those suppliments that everyone is trying to push out there, but I have found that if I have a protein drink of some kind right after I work out (and I do mean "RIGHT" away - still at the gym) it helps.

I've also added fruit into each meal. A trainer asked if maybe I wasn't getting enough sugar - - said not to look just at my carbs vs proteins, but everything as a whole. This also seems to have helped a bit.

I will tell you I still have a ways to go in finding the solution. Keep tweaking - - and tracking. When you find something that gives you even a little boost, write it down and remind yourself to keep up that tweak. Not always easy (like the fruit at every meal) - but if you see the results, . . .

Good luck with finding what works for you (every little tweak helps). I'd love to hear a follow up about tweaks that you've made that have been successful for you.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Is it just as simple as being worn out from lifting and cardio seven days a week?
    I think the key is probably 7 days a week - do you not take any rest days? At least one a week is important, the body needs a break!

I take at least one, sometimes two a week if I feel I need it. Last week I kept finding myself taking naps in the afternoon - not a 20 minute power nap, full on 2 or 3 hour naps. I couldn't keep my eyes open!

So this week I took four days off. No planned exercise, just normal life. Started back today with a run this morning, and I feel great!

Could be as simple as that.
  • runrockclimb
    Options
    I'd say take a true rest day, like no exercise (just regular everyday activities, if you have too) once a week for a while and see how that helps. My guess is that you think your resting, but your body doesn't agree.
  • BossReyes
    BossReyes Posts: 117 Member
    Options

Are you eating enough?
    Hah I am faster than you!
    Only in posting ;)
  • Ninnyninball
    Ninnyninball Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    It could be a B12 defficiency - I have it and when I don't take the tablets I could sleep around the clock - ask your doctor to check it out.

It's quite common a lot of women I know have it.

Make sure you are eating enough also - you don't want to burn out :explode: