Going it alone

Options
Hi all,

I am hoping to be a parent in the next couple of years, and have sought advice from a doctor who advised not telling people I am trying to lose weight as they would put me under a microscope and try to judge and may discourage me..this makes sense to me, so I am turning to you my MFP friends to help support me on this journey--short term goal is to get my booty off the couch and to the gym, and modifying my diet to meet MFP goals. Mid term goal is to lose at least 30 pounds in the next 12 months.

Who's with me? :)

Replies

• CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I'm in the butterfly group - you are welcome there. I'm doing this quietly too, for the same reasons. They know I'm doing something, but not what im doing, and i hardly mention it offline. It makes it easier to stick with.
  • SammyKatt13
    SammyKatt13 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it alone this time too!

Feel free to add me!
  • DexterDarko
    Options
    Goodluck! Pretty much everyone around me knows, but I think I should have kept it quiet at this point.
  • PeachPlumPear00
    Options
    I'm going it alone. I've been doing it with a friend for the past month but I've been doing it by myself for the past week and I've been doing great. She is a bad influence on me when it comes to eating and exercising (it used to be the other way around a couple of years ago). She doesn't take her weight loss very seriously but I'm taking it very seriously this time. I've been doing better than I ever have, so I believe it's better to go solo. Plus, I get better support with MFP members than anyone else. Good luck to you! I'm sure you will do fabulous!
  • frank_1125
    Options
    We are never alone as long as we have each other for support.

Feel free to add me.
  • quiltingducky
    quiltingducky Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Yes, I agree. I've kept pretty quiet about it too, but with the encouragement of my 2 sons and husband, as we all live in the same house, so they were bound to hear something about it. Plus, they were ones telling me I could do this if I really wanted to and they have never given me any words of encouragement before. Oh, and my mom knows, but I don't really go into detail with her with what I am doing, but if we happen to eat out together, she will ask where I feel comfortable eating so I can stick to my plan.

I always loved reading the magazines with the weight loss success stories, so I find the boards here and my friends a great source of motivation and encouragement as well. Good luck to you in your journey :)
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 100 lbs from my goal. I've lost 30 so far, and people are beginning to notice. The only people I've told are my closest friends that asked me about my new eating habits... and the couple of people that I already know would be most supportive of me. Every one else can kiss my <ahem>.
  • Fabulous1nsideout
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your replies and welcomed friend requests! Let's do this thing!