American Idol Fiasco?

Options
here i am showing my booty. all i know is that i watch 2 shows on tv , and both of their finales happen this week. Yesterday was house, and now is AI. I know i know. Mr.Luvsparkes thinks im a dorkwad, but let me at least say that i was a vocal major in college, so it really is pertinant to my being! lol. I dont vote but i do watch and critique :)
ANYWAY, again, i know im not the only one, so who are you all rooting for?
I obviuosly loved jason castro, because we have the same hair. LOL but as for the final two, i have to say im cheering for Cook, as he has personality and style. Archuletta id obviously a flawless singer, but does not interest me... plus he never says anything! he always always says the same things over and over again , usually not that coherent . Anyway, off of soapbox for now. go on and either

A) tell me who you like or
B) Chastise me because i got suckered into AI this season ( i have actually never watched it til this seasons, the cute dreadlock boy drew me in!)

Replies

• iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    here i am showing my booty. all i know is that i watch 2 shows on tv , and both of their finales happen this week. Yesterday was house, and now is AI. I know i know. Mr.Luvsparkes thinks im a dorkwad, but let me at least say that i was a vocal major in college, so it really is pertinant to my being! lol. I dont vote but i do watch and critique :)
    ANYWAY, again, i know im not the only one, so who are you all rooting for?
    I obviuosly loved jason castro, because we have the same hair. LOL but as for the final two, i have to say im cheering for Cook, as he has personality and style. Archuletta id obviously a flawless singer, but does not interest me... plus he never says anything! he always always says the same things over and over again , usually not that coherent . Anyway, off of soapbox for now. go on and either

A) tell me who you like or
    B) Chastise me because i got suckered into AI this season ( i have actually never watched it til this seasons, the cute dreadlock boy drew me in!)
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I'm watching now, too. This season has been the least interesting season in a while (in my opinion.) I would like David Cook to win, also. But let's face it, both guys will have a career at this point. My favorites left a while ago.

How many times do they have to say "Nokia" to pay for the theater?

(We've watched since season one when my 6 year old was a newborn. :laugh: )
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    I was a vocal major in college as well, so I watch and critique myself. You know what annoys me the most? When they do the "group numbers" and they aren't singing live except the solo parts. You can tell because sometimes their mouths are exactly matched up with the music.

I'm not really a fan of either of the two left, but I guess Cook would be my choice if I had to make one.
  • rachieb1013
    rachieb1013 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I was suchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh a fan of :heart: Jason Castro:heart: , i referred to him as my husband throughout the whole show!!!

I've always been a Cook fan though....he is SEXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXYYYYYYYYY. :love: :blushing:

He better win! :tongue:
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Sorry. I am the only person on the planet who doesn't watch AI.

BUT, I LOVE House! If I am ever ill, I want him to be my doc. :blushing:
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    1) David Cook
    2) wish I could dish you about your choices, but they are both my favorites too!!

I was a sayesha fan myself.

Nokia, Nokia, Nokia - selfish promotion like Coke and Ford!!
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    I was a vocal major in college as well, so I watch and critique myself. You know what annoys me the most? When they do the "group numbers" and they aren't singing live except the solo parts. You can tell because sometimes their mouths are exactly matched up with the music.

I'm not really a fan of either of the two left, but I guess Cook would be my choice if I had to make one.

that bugs the h•e• double hocky sticks outta me too ! its the most 'rehearsal' sounding tape in the world, the kind you use in HS show choir to begin learning the SATB parts of a piece, cept they make no effort to cover up the fact that they have a bad backup track playing behind. LOL
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    that bugs the h•e• double hocky sticks outta me too ! its the most 'rehearsal' sounding tape in the world, the kind you use in HS show choir to begin learning the SATB parts of a piece, cept they make no effort to cover up the fact that they have a bad backup track playing behind. LOL
    [/quote]

HAHAHAHA...YES!! I taught HS show choir for 3 years and it's SOOO like that!! Oh, and what was up with that flub Paula made on the show a couple weeks ago where she critiqued Jason Castro's song that he hadn't sang yet!
  • iluvsparkles
    Options

HAHAHAHA...YES!! I taught HS show choir for 3 years and it's SOOO like that!! Oh, and what was up with that flub Paula made on the show a couple weeks ago where she critiqued Jason Castro's song that he hadn't sang yet!
    [/quote]

that was totally bizarre. Perhaps she went to the ladies room and came back, and somehow for some unknown reason, thought they were all singing 2 songs... all i know is that shes more scatterbrained than any pillhead ive ever known..and in the same way..hmmm..coincidence? i think not.
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    DAVID COOOOOOOOOOOOOK!
    DOG! hehe!
    I can't stand archuletta, he constantly licks his lips!!!
    Watch and then you will never be able to watch him again!
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    OH GOD! Liplicker is going to sing Imagine!! MUTE!
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    DAVID COOOOOOOOOOOOOK!
    DOG! hehe!
    I can't stand archuletta, he constantly licks his lips!!!
    Watch and then you will never be able to watch him again!

Ugh, I noticed that lip licking thing a while back..and yes, that's all I can notice! That and singing with his eyes closed, which apparently, means that he's "feeling" the music or something!
  • greysweatshirt
    Options

that was totally bizarre. Perhaps she went to the ladies room and came back, and somehow for some unknown reason, thought they were all singing 2 songs... all i know is that shes more scatterbrained than any pillhead ive ever known..and in the same way..hmmm..coincidence? i think not.
    [/quote]

Ever go on votefortheworst.com? I'll check it out sometimes. They always have a lot of "insider" information about how idol is rigged and the producers give certain contestants more time with the vocal coach, etc.
  • jenbar
    Options
    :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:
  • jenbar
    Options
    Okay, they really need to stop giving him such praise.
    What is he going to do with his talent? End up another Clay Aiken?
    Boring!
    At least David Cook has some kind of charisma!
    Who's DA gonna get? the grannies and 12 year olds? Wouldn't catch me at one of his concerts!
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    how screwy! im kinda glad i didnt notice the lick lipping hting til this last episode or it would drive me crazy! then again, i may have never noticed, bc i usually used archulettas song as my potty break. lol

since i have someone to discuss it with, (and no one cept 1 gal at work) lemme just say a few things
    1) I thought Kristy Lee Cook should have been one of the first ones gone. I am still appalled that she made it as far as she did. Tho she did seem to improve over time, (i will give her that) I also happen to be a NON-FAN of country music in general, so she lost biased points with me there. She should ahve gone home before AManda i think it was.

2) Amanda was good but redundant with style. Sucked a few times.

3) Castro was cute and thats the only thing that got himas far as he went. He was a good contestant and brought in ratings, and i think deserved the top 12 vocally, but his fanbase got him as far as he went.

4) Syesha was very talented and wonderfully technical in some ways. She belongs on broadway, and beleive that this competition held her back. I really liked "one rock n roll too many" and "fever" but no one else seemed to.

5)David A is singing his finale right now, and im kinda urked, because it seems like sabotage to me for some reason, like someone is picking his songs for him where Cook prolly picks his own. This song choice reminds me of KLC doing the American song in such a timely fashion as to not get eliminated. Archuletta is technically very good, but not interesting ot me at all.

6) umm this is getting long but i dont care bc you people actually know what im talking about ! I know i already talked about Archuletta, but i beleive the 'teary eyes' less and less every time.

oh and i think Carley went home too soon.

and i hate it when Simon calls the show. let the people vote without suggesting to them!! IT WAS NOT A KNOCK OUT. Im not voting, but i do think that Cook should win. Finé. (for the italian in you)
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    Boring!
    Who's DA gonna get? the grannies and 12 year olds? Wouldn't catch me at one of his concerts!

UGH DA is going to win isn't he? - what a crime - he is so young he needs time to mature - what is he going to do peak at 25 like all these other rehab losers?....who is he going to sell records to?

Cook has so much more marketing potential!
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one with these opinions!! Kristie Lee Cook annoyed me so bad and I wanted her gone WAY earlier!

I REALLY liked Amanda, even though most of her stuff did sound the same, I liked the roughness of her voice, it was different.

And I really hope Syesha does go to Broadway after she's done touring with Idol. She has a great voice and great facial expressions which would work well for the stage.
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    Boring!

UGH DA is going to win isn't he? - what a crime - he is so young he needs time to mature - what is he going to do peak at 25 like all these other rehab losers?....who is he going to sell records to?

Cook has so much more marketing potential!

bingo sweeite. I feel for him, as he has NEVEr had a normal life! they have video of him (american idol footage!) when he was a tiny little thing! I cant BELIEVE how Un legit this is. I hope that David Cook can be the proverbial "Dark Horse" of the competetion. it really bothers me that SImcon called it. Thats swayig people! i know hes a judge, but in this case, his opinion should NOT matter, nor Randy or Paula!
  • CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I'm a David Cook fan too :happy:
    I agree David A sounds good and has an incredible voice, but it's always sounds the same. He never changes it up. I do have to admit last week when he did the Chris Brown song it was kind of cute. It was like he was being a kid, not a daddy's puppet! :frown: