Anyone on Atkins?

Options
In week 2 of induction and want to make friends doing Atkins for support. :smile:

Replies

• monkeylauralee
    monkeylauralee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have lost almost 190 pounds on Atkins
  • bellasmama218
    Options
    WOW congrats! I sent add friend request :)
  • angieshearer76
    Options
    hi ya. Currently doing atkins and lost about 1.5 st but was missing using a tracker so I've just signed up to MFP to run alongside my atkins diet. Obviously this site isn't just for those on Atkins so I've just decided to start trawling the forums as they are very interesting. Its nice to see other Atkinsers on here as well.

Angie
  • emstethem
    emstethem Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I've been seriously considering make that life change myself recently...I"ve done Atkins before and I lost 16lbs in two weeks! It is such a wonderful diet. I was never hungry. I"m not on it as of now, but I'm seriously considering making that lifestyle change...Well, good luck to you! :D
  • LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I'm not on atkins, but I am a low carber! Add me!
  • red051683
    red051683 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Seriously low carber, high fat & protein- in ketosis all the time.Best of luck!
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options

Yeh, join up, it's a friendly bunch in there.

I'm not doing Atkins but I'm low (adequate ;)) carb.

I'm 6 months in, progress is good, heading for maintenance soon (ticker hasn't been updated in ages, I'm just not weight-focussed any more).
  • purple_tux1
    purple_tux1 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!

I started off doing Atkins, but haven't really been strict about it. but I have read the book well and am basically following it. I went straight to 30 grams net the first week and soon after added berries and such and have been at 40-50 net grams for the last several months.
  • Shagi
    Shagi Posts: 19
    Options
    I was thinkink about it!! because next week I well start my water diet for a week after that i will start atkins diet:)
  • momoftwo75
    momoftwo75 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Atkins and it works so well! Loving the results! Add me!
  • FitLifeDiva
    FitLifeDiva Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm starting tommorow!
  • telizad
    telizad Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm on Atkins....1 month into now.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    i tried it 8 years ago, and it worked well, but I didn't have the drive to continue with it for very long.
  • skelley331
    skelley331 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    How did you get your carbs to set at 20
  • rambo831
    Options
    I've lost 54lbs on Atkins. Although the success, I'm not really a fan of it. As it creates hardcore cravings for me. I much enjoy the low calorie diet.