Can't stick with it

Options
Honestly, I always try to lose weight then with the pressures of school, working right after and until the late hours, doing homework on my breaks and honestly having no time to eat a proper meal, I eat whatever is available! I am trying my best to stay under 1200 a day and I walk everywhere (I don't even have a car). Honestly I can't stay motivated to lose weight..I DREAM of having a flat stomach...but I just feel like it will NEVER ever happen.

Replies

• Barbie813
    Options
    I feel the same way. I strive to stay under the 1200 calorie mark, but every day I manage to go over, even if it's just a little bit. I too have a long work schedule, where I work 10 hour days until 2 am. Sometimes, I have consumed all of my 1200 calories for the day, but still have a few hours left in my shift. I'm looking for ideas to not feel like a failure, but also not go over my 1200 calorie goal.
  • MaryKaye1959
    Options
    Here is something that my trainer wrote recently. Maybe it will help to see losing weight in a different light.

Diets - Diets - Diets...Paleo, South Beach, Atkins....day after day I am asked, "What about this diet or that diet?" "What about raspberry ketones?" "What about a cleanse?"

When asked these kinds of questions, my answer is always the same. A diet is an event, with a beginning and and end. You are either ON a diet or you are OFF a diet. And although many people can and will lose weight while they
    are on a diet, the fact is, most people regain all of the weight lost once they return to "normal living".

Why is this the case? The reason is simple, because being ON a diet 24/7/365 simply is not healthy nor is it realistic.

The trick to losing weight and keeping it off begins with small simple changes to your current eating regimen. The changes need to be slow and consistent and ones you can live with like:
    *Swapping mayo for mustard
    *Switching all of your breads to whole grains
    *Not snacking while you are at the computer or watching tv
    *Taking a walk after dinner
    *Cooking meals from scratch
    *Switching your "side" from fries to a salad at the fast food restaurant

We all want fast results, but we also want results that we can hang onto. Create new habits, keep a journal and make changes that you can live with. And most importantly, be good to yourself!
  • Smurfette1987
    Smurfette1987 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Here is something that my trainer wrote recently. Maybe it will help to see losing weight in a different light.

Diets - Diets - Diets...Paleo, South Beach, Atkins....day after day I am asked, "What about this diet or that diet?" "What about raspberry ketones?" "What about a cleanse?"

When asked these kinds of questions, my answer is always the same. A diet is an event, with a beginning and and end. You are either ON a diet or you are OFF a diet. And although many people can and will lose weight while they
    are on a diet, the fact is, most people regain all of the weight lost once they return to "normal living".

Why is this the case? The reason is simple, because being ON a diet 24/7/365 simply is not healthy nor is it realistic.

The trick to losing weight and keeping it off begins with small simple changes to your current eating regimen. The changes need to be slow and consistent and ones you can live with like:
    *Swapping mayo for mustard
    *Switching all of your breads to whole grains
    *Not snacking while you are at the computer or watching tv
    *Taking a walk after dinner
    *Cooking meals from scratch
    *Switching your "side" from fries to a salad at the fast food restaurant

We all want fast results, but we also want results that we can hang onto. Create new habits, keep a journal and make changes that you can live with. And most importantly, be good to yourself!

^^^^^^
    Totally this :)