hello looking for supporters for me

Options
hello my name is brittany and i'm 22 years old. recently i have gained so much weight that i am getting made fun of by my own family, and to make matters worse today i was getting dressed and the zipper broke on the only pair of jeans i liked...so i figured it's time to change and start eating healthy and exercising. i am currently in college and that's a full time job almost so it's hard for me to fit in exercise in my busy schedule. but i am gonna try very hard and i just need some people right now to support me and tell me basically what to eat and drink in order to lose 40 pounds.

Replies

• kvelcro
    Options
    Hey Brittany! Clicked on your post because getting back into skateboarding is one of my goals for the upcoming months - gave my old board away during some depressed funk a year or so back.

Sorry to hear about your zipper breaking, these things happened. Maybe you can find a similar pair on eBay?
    (Though, I haven't gotten around to replacing my fav. pair of black jeans either... maybe unintentionally saving them as a 'goal weight' present?)

Also a student but my workload isn't that major, just external things keep me stressed.

Happy to help support anyone who wants to lose weight and be healthy, adding you.
    As for "telling you what to do" that depends on you: An okay diet plan you're willing to keep is far better than a great diet plan you're going to junk because it stresses you out, etc.

Start off small? Only drink water, nothing sugar-y?
  • skying
    skying Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm in a pretty similar situation!

A really good tip I've picked up is to drink a big glass of cold water before every meal (whether you want to or not!) as this will help you feel fuller more quickly, and will keep you hydrated through the day.

Another thing I've tried doing is setting times that I'll eat throughout the day, so I don't eat randomly throughout the day.

And the calorie counter on here is really helpful at maintaining goals

hope this is a bit helpful!

p.s. feel free to friend me :)
  • CrookedCrookster
    Options
    Hey Brittany,

I'm a few years older and a full time graduate student. I can't tell you what to eat, because everyone has their own preferences, and truth is there are many different lifestyles out there, so you have to figure that out for yourself. I'm currently getting into the Paleo Diet, and I'm loving it. Main this is to find something that you can stick to long term. One important thing though is to make sure you're eating enough protein. You want to make sure that when you start losing, you're not losing muscle along with the fat.

As far as the exercise goes...I have found that after work or class the last thing I want to do is exercise. I may be willing to do a few crunches before bed, but that's about it. Instead I set my alarm for 5:30 in the morning and get my butt out of bed to get some running in and some weights before work a couple times a week, and do a little longer workout either Saturday or Sunday. Exercise is great and all. I have a love hate relationship with it, I'm not particularly fond of exercise, but I always feel so much better after I do it. However, what I have found is that you can exercise your little heart out, but if you're taking in way more calories than you should be, you'll gain.
  • marie_1565
    marie_1565 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey Brittany,

My name is Brittney too (though spelled differently) and I'm a university student as well. I think it's great that you are trying to get fit but it's pretty awful that your family is teasing you. I had similar issues a few years back and I know it's really demotivating when you are the butt of family jokes.

The advice I would have for you is to set a realistic calorie goal. The 1200 a day is a weird thing the MFP does automatically and not everyone should actually be that low. Maybe have one normal day and see how much you eat and then slowly decrease that number until you find the highest amount that you can eat and still lose weight. My mistake when I first started was to look at weight loss as something that needed to be immediate and a sort of punishment. Gradual and sustainable weightloss is way better and much much more pleasant.

Good Luck!!