Smoke Free

Options
As of two days ago I have been smoke free for one year. I quit cold turkey a year ago and I have to say I am very proud of myself. When I decided to quit I didn't tell a soul. It wasn't until 3 days in to it that my better half asked if I needed a pack of smokes. I told him that I didn't. He said that he noticed that I wasn't going outside as much. So with that I told him I quit 3 days before that. And ever since I don't even think about them and that is why I am 2 days late in telling about my success.

Replies

• mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! Congratulations! This is my second attempt and the only time I have a hard time is when I'm drinking socially, which rarely happens!
  • thinkthin79
    Options
    I could have NEVER done it cold turkey! I used the gum and it worked very well for me! Congrats on your success!
  • tmwebb
    tmwebb Posts: 21
    Options
    That is great. Im quitting too. It's pretty simple for me not to smoke, but when my husband ( truck driver) comes home, it makes it a lot harder.
  • clarabell38
    Options
    Hi,
    Thats great well done you! im giving the *kitten* up too, went to a meeting tonite.
    Congratulations!
    Clare :)
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Wow!!! I'm so envious!!! :sick: I think I've tried everything on the market - even did the cold turkey thing but it just didn't last... :grumble: doesn't mean I've given up the cause though... :happy: Congratulations!!! :flowerforyou: Maybe one of these days I can make a similar announcement... *fingers crossed hoping*
  • lucky1ns
    lucky1ns Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I'll be 2 years next month.

If anyone needs a great book that made all the difference in the world to me, poke me your email address and I will send it your way.
  • imdamom
    Options
    Congrats!! I am 18 months and 6 days smoke free. I wasn't brave enough to go cold turkey like you did. I smoked for almost 23 years and needed some help. I used 1 pack of gum and took it from there.
  • Dukesjourney
    Dukesjourney Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I've almost been smoke free for 6 months, I went cold turkey too, it's gets easier by the day. Well done every1
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    Impressive. I have tried and failed repeatedly so it is always inspiring to hear from those who have done it. Good job! And thanks for posting.
  • mh3939
    mh3939 Posts: 12
    Options
    It's been 2 years and 6 months since I picked up a cig! I used Nicoderm CQ, and I followed the 9 week plan. The plan gradually reduces nicotine, and as a result, your withdraw symptoms are almost non-existent. However, in the end ,it's up to you to stay motivated and stay quit. There are more deaths related to smoking than there are being a few pounds overweight.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Good job Kel !! You make me more proud each day with all the great things you do!!! Way to go! That is something I have not done for at least 20 years! I hate it!!!
  • DancingHeidi
    Options
    That's awesome and inspirational. It has been 19 days for me... So far so good though! Using this site to keep from coping by eating everything in sight!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!