The New Guy

Options
Hello MFP, Monday I will start the process of changing my life for the better. I am tired of being the Big Guy that ever one loves. I want to be the Fit Guy that every one looks up to. I'm 6'1", 325lbs and I'm fed up. Recently diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes and sort of went into denial. Well I'm back now and I want to beat this disease. I think I've reached the point where you just say enough is enough. Wish me luck on my life's reboot.

Replies

• selfantigen
    selfantigen Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You can do it, the only way to go is up.... up and away!
  • RSuta
    RSuta Posts: 60
    Options
    GOOD LUCK !!!! i just started MFP this is my second week its hard but we can do it if we really really want to. :smile:
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    you really can do it!!!, this is a great site, there are so many people here to support you and help you along the way!
  • wrobes
    wrobes Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Good luck mate, I am also the same sort of guy and started 8 weeks ago at 6'4" and 288 pounds but have lost about 30 pounds already. Keep with it and add me if you need some support
  • yoyogirl68
    Options
    I would like to say wow.

I'm impressed by your words, by you wanting to be the man that your wife married, and by your need to make your life better. I wish you luck and hope that your Monday starts just the same as my Monday, with hope and excitement for a better future. Hang in there! It wont happen in a day or a week, but it will happen.
  • PREH
    PREH Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, and welcome to the journey of your life. You'll have ups and downs, but don't give up. Dr. Oz and Dr. Furman's information and recipes have been a HUGE help to me. I am taking the green coffee bean extract that I saw and Dr. Oz show. That along with changing what I have been eating and exercising has been working for me. I would suggest that you read Eat To Live by Dr. Furman. Good luck!
  • star2lite
    star2lite Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Why Monday? Start today! Let this be the first day to your new and better life :wink:

This site is excellent! You are in good place :smile: Good luck!
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal. :smile:
  • chatipati1
    chatipati1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Welcome.You can do this!
  • MaddKota
    Options
    Welcome New Guy soon to be Fit Guy! You can do it. I want to get fit too and lower my cholesterol. You are off to a great start starting today!