Had tummy tuck and implants

Options
I lost 88 lbs. in the last year. As my reward to myself, full tummy tuck and implants.Any advice on getting through the pain and scar care or whatever worked for you?

Replies

• MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    did you already have them done?
  • MommyRobin
    MommyRobin Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Yep. Implants are not causing much pain, but the tummy is dreadful. My back hurts from muscle spasms. Just wondering what helped others.
  • hellnokitty
    hellnokitty Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yikes. Surgery terrifies me- after having to have so much without a choice, I would never go under anesthetic voluntarily.
    I use sheets of silicone to go on my surgical scars- it's flattened them out quite a lot. As for pain in general, I make sure to allow myself ten hours of sleep a night- your body needs the extra time to heal.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Get plenty of protein for better tissue repair.

Congratualtions!
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    OK Robin, I hope you heal well, get some rest dear!
  • MommyRobin
    MommyRobin Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • KateRepine
    KateRepine Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Was thinking of having this done - if you have had a C-section, is the recovery similar?
  • Kimjanebrooks
    Kimjanebrooks Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I had a breast reduction in April and was told to use Bio Oil to help the scars heal and fade. I use it most days. I cant say whether the Bio Oil has helped as I dont know what the scars would be like if I hadnt used it but the surgeon was impressed with how quickly the scars are healing.
  • seanorawe
    seanorawe Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Tea Tree oil. A few drops in the bath. Always help skin heal quicker and keeps it clean.
  • seanorawe
    seanorawe Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I had a breast reduction

So selfish. :noway:

*Joke
  • heidimaggott78
    Options
    Was thinking of having this done - if you have had a C-section, is the recovery similar?
    I would also like to know this
  • chicpeach
    chicpeach Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss! You look fantastic!! I have no experience with that type of surgery, but I do know that a good EFA supplement will promote skin elasticity and repair.
  • ShellBell4281
    ShellBell4281 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Use Gelzone for scar therapy. I hear it helps but I haven't used it.
    The pain will go away eventually. This is a major surgery so it takes a while to heal.
  • Muscles_Curves
    Muscles_Curves Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I had a breast reduction and sleeping with a body pillow helped with my posture. I had to sit erect ALL DAY.
  • ladyheath
    ladyheath Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have no advice but CONGRATS on all that weight loss, totally awesome!!! :)
  • IvaRai
    IvaRai Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I had a consultation for a tummy tuck and what the dr is going to do is cut out your belly button and a football shape of skin (if you only need one in the front) Some cut a belt out all the way around. They don't actually do it where a C-section scar is they cut down below in the pelvic area. He told me that I personally would have to lose 90% of what I needed to before looking into it again as body fat is lazy and takes longer to heal. So the less fat you have in the area the quicker you heal.
  • mamabear23
    Options
    I had 3 c/s and my tummy tuck was much better as far as pain goes. I had horrible muscle spasms though from sleeping upright for so many days and I actually had 2 massages about 4 weeks out that helped a lot.
  • determined136
    Options
    SO MUCH WORSE THAN A C-SECTION....but I would do it again....it took me 2 months before I could even stand up straight.
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    How long ago did you have surgery? Just gotta give it time. Don't over do it, don't force yourself to stand up straight too soon. My scars are going to take a while to fade, but I'm ok with that. My c-section scar was still red from 4 years ago :/

Personally, I thought the pain was less than with my c-sections. Maybe because I wasn't nursing and I got to use the 'good' drugs ;)! I was off the heavy meds after 3 days though, just motrin when needed after that. The PS cut from one hip bone down below the c-section scar, to the other hip bone. I couldn't stand straight for 2 weeks, and another 2 after that until it stopped be uncomfortable to do so. I did run a 5k 6 weeks post-op though!

So happy I had it done :)