Grapefruit fans?

Options
Do we have any grapefruit fans here? They say weight loss increases significantly if you eat half a fruit before each meal in women's health. I like the stuff a lot but it's so messy to eat, can't really eat it anywhere outside. Or maybe you'll enlighten me about a non messy way to eat grapefruit LOL

Replies

• JPal5
    JPal5 Posts: 178
    Options
    I love grapefruit! I cut mine in half, cut around the edges in between skin and flesh and then in between the segments and then eat it with a tspn.
  • MelBristol
    Options
    I should try this. Maybe with a really sharp knife. Haven't used any cutlery for it so far, just peel the skin with my hands and then peel and eat each segment in the process :)
  • munchkinhugs
    munchkinhugs Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    One of my FAVOURITE fruits. Cutting in half and scooping out the juicy insides is how I remember eating them as a kid. Still love to do that.

If I've got more time, I'll chop it in half so that I can pull out the pieces, peel off the outside skin and devour!
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    I used to eat a Texas Ruby Red every day. Then, I started taking a statin drug for cholesterol and you absolutely can't eat grapefruit in any form while taking statins. :sad:

I never noticed any benefit in losing weight. Back in the 60s the "grapefruit" diet was all the craze. Back then they didn't have all the sweet varieties of grapefruits. The only kind you could find in the stores were the white, bitter kind. Yuk.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    It seems that the best tasting foods are the messiest. I abolutely love grapefruit but I live in Ohio and the stores around in do not carry them this time of year. So disappointing.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I love my ruby red..... OMG I could go one now. It's not that late.... only 9.12pm.... got a cold one in the fridge...... yep...going....for..... it.
  • levstein
    Options
    You can buy it in cans!
  • LittleFootHafner
    Options
    I often prepare mine the night before (either peel each segment, or cut with a knife), then just stick it in a container. The next day, t's a healthy fresh clean snack to eat! ;)
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I love grapefruit - especially Ruby Red!

But I can't eat them anymore. :ohwell: I'm on a statin for high cholestorol and you shouldn't eat grapefruit with statins. An enzyme in the grapefruit keeps the statin from breaking down and it gets stored in your body and that can cause major problems.