CALLING ALL THOSE IN NEED!

Options
Hello! I'm looking for all those out there who would like a little extra support! I know I could always use more!

I'm 26, and weigh 259. I started my journey on Sunday and so far I feel AMAZING! I have lots of energy and am a very stress free positive person! This is a lifestyle change for me!

On August 3rd I found out I have cancer. I hit an emotional low, and I WANTED to pull out of it, but I just couldn't find the energy. I knew that the best way to help my body fight the cancer was to make it as strong and healthy as possible, but for some reason the depression completely voided my motivation.

One day my friend posted a before and after picture of her journey on facebook and something hit me! I immediately text'd her and she got me so excited and motivated. This past week my entire attitude about life in general has changed! One day at a time, and I live each day like it may be my last, but also in order to see the next.

Please please please add me! I WANT to be your friend, and I WANT to help you, just to be there for you. I comment often and try to actively let you know I'm watching, for accountability! I hope to meet YOU soon :)

Replies

• SimplyKry
    Options
    Bumping so more people see!
  • SigningMomma
    Options
    I'm sorry about your diagnosis, but I love your attitude about life! I'm glad a friend was able to motivate you and lift your spirits. Sometimes we all need to remember that this life isn't about work and stress, it's about family and friends and love and support.

Count me in!

Dawn
  • Jenndragonflys
    Jenndragonflys Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Your attitude is amazing!! A positive attitude will help you fight your cancer (which I'm sorry you have). I'm so glad we get to go through this weight journey together! Keep up the GREAT work, look forward to your success my friend :)
  • SimplyKry
    Options
    I'm sorry about your diagnosis, but I love your attitude about life! I'm glad a friend was able to motivate you and lift your spirits. Sometimes we all need to remember that this life isn't about work and stress, it's about family and friends and love and support.

Count me in!

Dawn

Thank you! I'm really glad she popped in randomly. I usually don't read much of what's on FB but I just happen to see the post up top about her success. My Jaw dropped! She is amazing and is still checking in on me daily! Thanks for adding me! I hope we can support each other!
  • SirKelsalot
    Options
    You sound awesome, and I love your attitude to adversity :D

I've had a tough time this year too - nothing as demotivating as cancer mind - struggling with depression, withdrawing from uni and today finding myself in £700 debt of overpaid student loans. I'd love to add you as a friend so we can support each other :)
  • SimplyKry
    Options
    You sound awesome, and I love your attitude to adversity :D

I've had a tough time this year too - nothing as demotivating as cancer mind - struggling with depression, withdrawing from uni and today finding myself in £700 debt of overpaid student loans. I'd love to add you as a friend so we can support each other :)

ACCEPTED! Thank you! Sorry to hear about your struggles! But just remember that there is always a way it could be worse. That's the mindset I am in.
    Although cancer is not-so-great, the type I have could have been worse. Thank god I don't have leukemia or brain cancer. I am thankful the type I have is something I can manage. (Hopefully until they find a cure)

Thank you for ALL the friend requests I've received so far! I'm excited!
  • healthyformeanMona
    Options
    I will add you, but I haven't figured out how yet. Just joined. Could you add me to your friend list?
  • Jamdrgn
    Jamdrgn Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You are amazing!!! I am have been told I am precancer (precancer ?!?!). They found atypical cells for cervical cancer. I am so with you on this. Lets beat the hell out of this enemy and show it who is in control. Lets go SimplyKry and rock this!!!!!!!!
  • SimplyKry
    Options
    You are amazing!!! I am have been told I am precancer (precancer ?!?!). They found atypical cells for cervical cancer. I am so with you on this. Lets beat the hell out of this enemy and show it who is in control. Lets go SimplyKry and rock this!!!!!!!!

I think "precancerous" basically means that whatever is going on has a high rate of causing cancer. That's only my interpretation from what I heard the Doctor say before he did the biopsy.

Being in that limbo after hearing that "could be" was probably the scariest point of the whole thing so far. Not knowing if I do, but that there is a high chance. After I found out it was positive, I was crushed. But the "scary" part went away. All the thousands of "what-if" scenarios were gone because it was final.

Now here I am, and here you are! We are gonna show the cancer that it CAN'T win. It can fight, but we'll fight back harder! :)
  • SimplyKry
    Options
    Thank you for all the friend requests! Feel free to post also if you are looking for support. I know that having a circle of friends who are all also friends can lead to some funny conversations!
  • Jamdrgn
    Jamdrgn Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thxs. I think you are going to definetly kick butt on this. Quoting my almost 4 yr old. Fudge it!!! We aren't giving in on this. You are my role model. I am on this medical diet, and no stress (you kidding me?) and more rest and excercise in hopes of destroying the atypical cells. I am off to work out. And you just stay you... AWESOME!!!!!!!!
  • discomama1
    Options
    I added you as a friend. Love your attitude!! I've been struggling for years with weight loss and will take all the people I can to help me so I can help them!
  • bonnieluann
    Options
    First off let me say congrats on taking the first step!!!! Also im sorry to hear about your diagnoses but with the attitude u have right now i feel u can beat it i would be honored to have u as a friend
  • SimplyKry
    Options
    Thxs. I think you are going to definetly kick butt on this. Quoting my almost 4 yr old. Fudge it!!! We aren't giving in on this. You are my role model. I am on this medical diet, and no stress (you kidding me?) and more rest and excercise in hopes of destroying the atypical cells. I am off to work out. And you just stay you... AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Enjoy your workout! I always feel awesome afterwards! On those days I really have to drag myself there I just remember how great I feel after!

Basically, what I've done is make a promise to myself. I figure if u can't trust and depend on yourself then who can you??
  • SimplyKry
    Options
    I added you as a friend. Love your attitude!! I've been struggling for years with weight loss and will take all the people I can to help me so I can help them!

The more the merrier! Especially when you know they are watching and will let you know when you fall off the track. We can do this!!!
  • SimplyKry
    Options
    First off let me say congrats on taking the first step!!!! Also im sorry to hear about your diagnoses but with the attitude u have right now i feel u can beat it i would be honored to have u as a friend

ADDED! Thank you for your vote of confidence!

All of you believing in me makes me positive I can do this!
  • SimplyKry
    Options
    Any others out there looking for an addition to their support system?
  • SimplyKry
    Options
    I continue to get invites! Thank you all for your kind words and support!
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Gosh you're mighty young for such a trouble, your attitude is inspiring however and I wish you all the best in your journey.
  • SimplyKry
    Options
    Gosh you're mighty young for such a trouble, your attitude is inspiring however and I wish you all the best in your journey.

Positivity's all I got. Negativity and depression won't do anything but keep me eating and feeding the disease. Doesn't do anyone any good. My efforts may be fruitless in the cancer department but dangit, I'm gonna feel great!